Ninfia - Sylveon

This forum is for the 6th and 7th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

http://serebii.net/corocoro213.jpg

Newly announced Eeveelution in X and Y! They did not specify what type however, what do you think it will be?

I'm sticking with the possible Bug type because of the word "nymph" and how it relates to bugs, and since the Japanese name has "ninf" it's pretty close.

Also, it's kind of cute. :P

UPDATE: They released the English name, "Sylveon". No type confirmed yet.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Forget me now
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#2 Post by Forget me now » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 am

I love Ninfia, but I think she would look better without these "scarves", just the ribbons. I'm already drawing her, too ^^. I personally bet on Fighting type.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#3 Post by Gluttony » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 am

The colouring looks like a Milotic, oddly enough. From the name I'd guess Bug type, from the ethereal appearance I'd guess Ghost type, but I've gotta agree with Forget Me Now that on the overall style, I'd say Fighting type.

Alternately: Flowing ribbons could possibly be indicative of a Flying type, though I find that doubtful. Red and blue in combination also happens to be the Pokémon series' colour signifier for the Dragon type, which might be the case (though the concept of a dragon type eeveeloution holds its own potential problems).

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#4 Post by catdogmouse » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Hm Hm, my initial thought was Psychic, but then there is Espeon. My bet's going with Fighting, which would be cool...

EDIT: Second thought: if there was supposedly going to be another added type, maybe it could be that...
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#5 Post by Gluttony » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Ah, true. If they go with the example of the often fan-added "Light" type and make that real, I could see Ninfia being that.

Logan
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#6 Post by Logan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 pm

It Can Be a Nimfia that is light and could fly while fighting Eh?Whitch Covers Your answers probaly XD
:D My Eggs Are Unhatched So Can You ummmm I Dont know Shake it up and break it with a hammer for me :lol:

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#7 Post by Gluttony » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Yes, but the Eeveeloutions have historically been single-typed Pokémon. A dual type would present even more problems to the balance.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#8 Post by Gluttony » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:27 am

Update on Ninfia: its English name has been revealed as Sylveon, which leads me to suspect that it may be a Steel type.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by Slix » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 am

Now I don't know what to think! It could be, but that game footage doesn't really tell us much about its type.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#10 Post by Gluttony » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Some people I know have been suggesting it's a Normal type, and have been doing so rather angrily. From what I can tell, they're being overly stealthy about giving any hints towards her type. This would strongly suggest either something highly unexpected for an Eeveeloution (Normal and Dragon being probably the least-expected two types), or something entirely new (a Light type, or some other new type).

I'm betting it's a new type based on how they're handling this. I don't necessarily believe that's a good idea, but I get the feeling it's the case.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.