Shiny Hunting!

This forum is for the 6th and 7th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Has anyone shiny hunted on Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

I haven't done anything major yet, but I did accidentally breed a shiny Eevee and Chikorita while trying to breed stuff for my teams! I might continue trying for a shiny Phanpy by breeding soon!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#2 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes I have actually, I've chained several shiny Pokemon in Ultra Moon and as well as hunting in the wormholes. The wormholes are your best chance to find a good shiny Pokemon due to their shiny chances basically being broken. I think my favorite chain that I have done in Ultra Moon has to be my Cubone chain. Managed to get it within less than 100 encounters! :D

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:17 pm

My friend told me I should shiny hunt Steenee in Pokemon Ultra Moon ahaha, I've been in the chain since 12AM but I've only chained for about 2 and half hours actively. I'm about to continue the chain I have an hold so everyone wish me luck in finding it! xD (Steenee has a horrible call rate btw)

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#4 Post by Crashinggg » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:48 pm

XD It has been a few months I hope you have gotten it!! My first Mudbray in Ultra Moon was actually a shiny, and I have not actively shiny hunted ever! I want to try some time, I have heard a lot of techniques from Slix, I just need to implement them!!

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 pm

I actually have gotten that shiny Steenee in that chain since then so thank you! Speaking of Mudbray it was the last Pokemon I chained for but I warn you, you need something that has a way of not losing accuracy and can learn False Swipe if you really want to chain Mudbray haha. Chaining is pretty fun if the chain doesn't last what seems like forever so I am sure you can pick up on it pretty easily! One method I have successfully yet to do is PokeRadar. It is the most difficult but best way to get shinies in the generation 4 games. I might try that at somepoint if I ever manage to beat Pearl! xD Good luck with your shiny hunting experience though! :D

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 pm

I just got my Shiny Charm on Ultra Sun! I've been continuing my shiny Phanpy hunt, and man, I hope it gets me a shiny soon. I've been breeding forever it feels like.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.