Games & System to come after Sun & Moon?

This forum is for the 6th and 7th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon topics go here.
CesKrr925

#1 Post by CesKrr925 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Now that Sun and Moon have been out for a few months and speculation for the next games are in question, what do you think the next game/set of games will be and for what device? Some possibilities are Stars or Gen 4 remakes either on the Switch or a new 2DS/3DS system or none of the following. What do you think will happen and explain why?

Currently, I'm fairly certain Gen 4 remakes are in the near future. Gens 1-3 have already had remakes, and were released in order (1, 2, 3), and although Sun and Moon had quite a bit of references to previous generations, hints to gen 4 seem to stand out and appear the most to me and many others in the community. Plus, it's been about 10 years, Diamond and Pearl are due for remakes soon. I really hope they are confirmed because I started in gen 4, but went back to the beginning to gen 1, but gen 4 will always hold a special place in my childhood. As for the systems, I feel there will most likely be a new 3DS system upon release. I'm hoping for an updated 2DS because I'm that weirdo that actually likes the system, plus any of my fellow 2DS owners know Sun and Moon were a little much for the system to handle at times (Don't get me started on double battle lag...). As for the Switch, I feel it would be a huge f-you from Nintendo (primarily Pokémon fans) if a new main series game released, and many cannot afford the system to play it on. I think there will be Pokémon games on the Switch, but somewhat spinoff, like Pokken on the Wii U.

Given all that, I'm guessing that gen 4 is most likely next on our list and hopefully for a newer 2DS/3DS system as well. What are your thoughts?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm guessing that Diamond and Pearl remakes will be next, but I really don't want them. The difference with the other remakes is that the original DPPt games can still be played on the current New 3DS systems, whereas Red/Blue and Gold/Silver couldn't connect with gen 3 and 4 (and were necessary for Pokédex completion), and Ruby/Sapphire couldn't be played on the 3DS. However, people like remakes for some reason, so who knows.

I'd hope for a sequel style game like Black and White 2 brought to the series. Something unique and different.

I don't think we'll see a new 3DS quite yet. Who knows though. :P

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

CesKrr925

#3 Post by CesKrr925 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxNHhgMuTg&t=2s

I knew we'd be getting a new 2DS system! Totally geeking out right now!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.