Mini Lotto (To hopefully increase interaction rates)

Have an idea about what should be added to Poliwager to make it better? Have a question about how to do something on the site? Share and ask here!
Zac11th

#1 Post by Zac11th » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:04 pm

So heres how the Mini Lotto works:

For every full party interaction you make on a user, you get entered in a lotto to win poke dollars.
Example: If I full click on 30 peoples parties, I have 30 ballots in the Lotto.

Also, an AND clause could be added: For every full party interaction AND atleast 20 clicks to the person's active pokemon (Or full clicks if the person has less than 20) you get 2 ballots from that user.
Example: If I full click 1 party and then click 20 (or full click) his active pokemon, I have 2 ballots in the Lotto.

At the end of the day, a random script is run with everyone's ballots and whoever is chosen gets a reward of Poke Dollars (amount to be determined by Admin).
You could also pick 3 different users at the end of the day instead of one to insure that the same person doesnt win everyday and no one else ever wins.

Hopefully this will encourage people to be looking for many different people to interact with so that everyone's eggs and pokemon level faster.

Tell me what you think about this ^^

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I like the idea, and I've actually thought about some sort of lottery before.

The problem I currently see though, is there aren't that many eggs to click each day (especially for multiplier days) and the Stats page for eggs allows you to click through them all fairly easily and quickly. Now, if it was something along the lines of every 100 interactions you got a ticket or something, that might work. But I'm not sure how to code that efficiently with the way it's currently coded.

So as of right now, this idea could morph into something that is usable, so keep up the ideas and if anyone else has ideas on how to improve it based on what I said, please share!

Also, did you see the recent addition of daily prizes? That seems to be getting people to click as well.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Zac11th

#3 Post by Zac11th » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Slix wrote:I like the idea, and I've actually thought about some sort of lottery before.

The problem I currently see though, is there aren't that many eggs to click each day (especially for multiplier days) and the Stats page for eggs allows you to click through them all fairly easily and quickly. Now, if it was something along the lines of every 100 interactions you got a ticket or something, that might work. But I'm not sure how to code that efficiently with the way it's currently coded.

So as of right now, this idea could morph into something that is usable, so keep up the ideas and if anyone else has ideas on how to improve it based on what I said, please share!

Also, did you see the recent addition of daily prizes? That seems to be getting people to click as well.
Hm, That would work aswell ^^ Im not that big of a programmer but from what I can tell, I think you could code it best by using the total daily interaction count that you already have and at the end of the day, run a math script that divides the total number by 100 and then round the number to the nearest whole number. Then you can take that number and give an amount of tickets equal to that number to that person. Next, gather all the users tickets into one data pool (Each ticket should have the name of the user that it originated from) and assign a different number to each ticket, then run a random script to determine which number wins. So say I have 3 tickets, my numbers would be 1,2,3. and then you have 3 tickets, your numbers would be 4,5,6. If 1, 2, or 3 were picked, Id win. The tickets in the code would look like this: Zac11th = 1
Zac11th = 2
Slix = 3
Slix = 4
etc.
If you can assign tickets a name and different numbers, running a rand script shouldn't be too hard.

Sorry if that was confusing, I took some HTML, Javascript and PHP classes but im still not that proficient so im unsure if what I offered is doable or not.

And yes, I saw the daily prizes ^^ I got a good 1,000 interactions in today but I cant help but notice tpf has like 12,000 XD Hard to compete with willpower like that lol

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:39 pm

I understood all of that. :) Yeah, that might work, I'll have to see. I was also thinking a while ago about making some sort of lottery that you pay Poké Dollars to enter (so there are more things to spend them on) and the winner wins all the winnings or some item or something like that. Maybe a bi-weekly lottery of that type might work, with a prize being fairly large, to encourage people to enter. Ideas just keep coming. :P

Alright great, glad you saw that as well!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Zac11th

#5 Post by Zac11th » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Hm, the Poke Dollars lottery sounds nice ^^ I cant wait to see the result of this idea :D

How do you code these adoptable sites? Id love to help with the code as I somewhat understand HTML, Javascript and PHP languages more than any other programming language. haha I've always wanted to help out with a site like this to gain more knowledge of web coding and help in anyway I can. Is there anyway I can get into coding to help? Anything I must work on learning to become better at web dev?

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 pm

I do pretty much all the code myself, as I enjoy it and want to make it my own, really, but the Adoptables is done mainly with PHP for the script parts and HTML/CSS for the website design aspects.

I'd say if you want to become better at coding and stuff like that just mess around with it a bunch. I taught myself HTML and CSS through an online guide (here: The Cave of Dragonflies and I actually picked up PHP entirely on my own with the start of the Adoptables, since it came as a free script someone else made and over the years I've modified it so much it doesn't resemble the original script hardly at all. So, just read a bit, practice, you can do it too!

Zac11th

#7 Post by Zac11th » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Slix wrote:I do pretty much all the code myself, as I enjoy it and want to make it my own, really, but the Adoptables is done mainly with PHP for the script parts and HTML/CSS for the website design aspects.

I'd say if you want to become better at coding and stuff like that just mess around with it a bunch. I taught myself HTML and CSS through an online guide (here: The Cave of Dragonflies and I actually picked up PHP entirely on my own with the start of the Adoptables, since it came as a free script someone else made and over the years I've modified it so much it doesn't resemble the original script hardly at all. So, just read a bit, practice, you can do it too!
Ah thanks ^^ I will read up on as much as possible! I do love the whole adoptable theme sites, I feel like its a place where art and code come together in a fun, online fashion.

Kyliebell100
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult
Location: The Wonderful Kalos Region with my loyal Sylveon named Adori

#8 Post by Kyliebell100 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Poliwager Adoptables Lottery thing sound really cool! :D I hope it gets a way to work perfectly, and it goes on! :D If it doesn't... :(
Puffles says...
<(Hey everyone! Click me please!)

Melodia says...
<(Click that guy up there!)

Fluffles says...
<(Click me too!)

Image Image

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.