New Forum Skin?

Have an idea about what should be added to Poliwager to make it better? Have a question about how to do something on the site? Share and ask here!
Avanna

#1 Post by Avanna » Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 am

Hmm, the forum skin looks outdated and kinda unappealing. I recommend adding a modern touch to it. The edges look really hard, try smoothening them.

Honestly, I think you need a new logo, a better one at that. Your current one is just... unappealing.

There are so many things here and there, it looks a bit cluttered. It's an eyesore, really, all the options and stuff thrown everywhere. Try making it simpler, something like Marriland.

Simplify and beautify, that means you don't need much, just make what you have count. Anything more, and it looks messed up.

Symmetry is also a great factor in designing, your forums are NOT symmetrical. That means the logo, message body boxes, etc.

Also, margins are very important, your margins are small, I recommend you increase the margin.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Fri May 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've definitely been looking into making a new layout for some time now, and recently I did make a few changes that made the layout a little bit better, but I agree, there's much more that can be done, and I'm definitely going to go into this with your thoughts in mind too.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Volkner
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#3 Post by Volkner » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:38 am

A darker skin would be nice to see as well, I think.

Gogoatgirl

#4 Post by Gogoatgirl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Yes, the skin is sort of dull. Other than that, not much wrong with it.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:21 pm

This topic was actually created before the default skin (the one that's here now) was newly made, so I took all that advice into account already. But if there's any more advice anyone has, feel free to post it here!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.