A Like Button

Have an idea about what should be added to Poliwager to make it better? Have a question about how to do something on the site? Share and ask here!
KetsuekiR
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#1 Post by KetsuekiR » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:24 pm

I was wondering if it's possible to have a feature like a "Like" button for each post. Not only is it for liking great posts but it's also useful if someone replies to you and you want to acknowledge said reply without having to reply again.

Just a thought, since I don't see any harm in it. (:

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm on another forum that has this, and it's very nice, and occasionally I find myself wanting to like a post on here... I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement (I'm sure there's a pre-made mod out there for it already) but my question would be how useful would it be on here, a smaller community? That I'm not sure of right now.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KetsuekiR
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#3 Post by KetsuekiR » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:55 am

I can certainly understand where you're coming from but if there's a pre-made mod for it that you only have to implement, what's the harm?

Of course, if you have to make it from scratch, it's definitely not worth it yet. (:

Asha
Donor
Donor

#4 Post by Asha » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:03 pm

I have never really seen the attraction with these but if potential members like the 'like' buttons then it could be a welcome addition in my view.

Slix, these forums are made using phpBB, if I remember correctly there is a template for the coding somewhere, I remember implementing a similar button on my forums.

My Adoptable Army

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.