Aratak Suggestions - UPDATED 6/28!!!

Have an idea about what should be added to Poliwager to make it better? Have a question about how to do something on the site? Share and ask here!
Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#1 Post by Aratak » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

1.Soot Sunday/Saturday/whatever day (increase chances of getting more soot all day)

2."Feed the next egg that is owned by this user"
3. "Feed the next PC Pokemon that is owned by this user"
(eliminates using back button etc; or, like after you water berries, jump back to the page you were on for eggs/PC)

4. Pokemon descriptions (being able to not only give a name, but a short biography of a pokemon)

5. A separate (optional, like PC) section of a profile for Mewtwo Team and Regis so they can more easily be found and clicked (with "feed the next...etc" too)

:D
Last edited by Aratak on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm

1. will not be added for the same reason as these: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=846
2. It will not work since the maturity and clicks constantly change for eggs (and I actually recently tried a few more ideas for that and none worked). Luckily there's only a max of 6 eggs per user so it's not a huge deal, really.
3. I can try that.
4. Possible, but not as of right now, I'll keep it in mind.
5. That's really what your main profile page is for, Pokémon and eggs you want clicked, while the PC is for Pokémon you want to store, essentially. So this would just be unnecessary.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#3 Post by Aratak » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 pm

-Rarity ratings for players
(for example, the more legendary/rare pokemon a player has, the higher the rarity rating the player has; for example for numbers (subject to change), common pokemon rarity 1, uncommon 5, rare 20, novelty or shiny 30, legendary 50, etc etc...adding up to the final rarity score of the player)

smallboy11
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#4 Post by smallboy11 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 am

I like Number 1, i only have 47,900 Soot to go :P
Please Click:

My Mewtwo Team:

Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#5 Post by Aratak » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 pm

1. Expiration dates for shelter pokemon (when a pokemon hasn't been adopted for, say, a week, it deletes, to help clean out the shelter)

2. Display all shelter pokemon on one page, or change between pages (making it easier to find a pokemon, instead of waiting for it to show up by refreshing)

3.1 Option to abandon unwanted bred egg (if you end up getting the opposite egg that you wanted, an option to donate it to the shelter, helping to free up egg space instead of being stuck with it till it hatches)
3.2 OR display all eggs that are laid, and having the option to choose which one you want

4. Option on an individual pokemon's My Pokemon page to "Breed <insert pokemon>" and then being able to select a pokemon to bred it with (helpful when a person has many pokemon)

5. Pokedex List (Different than the normal pokedex, a list that shows which pokemon you have and the ones you still need all in one place - suggested to maybe look something like the lists for the Mewtwo Battles and Legendary Number Game - for more efficient identifying of pokemon owned)

6. Being able to custom organize pokemon on your profile (making it easier to find pokemon that the user wants clicked - they can put them as first)

7.1 Show (current) achievements on profile (ex. October event 2012, etc)
7.2 (New) Achievement badges
-Poliwager (owning all forms of poliwag)
-Trigger Fingers (clicking <insert high number> of pokemon)
-Something Shiny! (owning at least 1 shiny pokemon)
-Shiny Hunter (having <insert number>+ shiny pokemon)
-Caught 'Em All (having full pokedex)
-Starter Set (having all starter pokemon)
-Mewtwo Defeated (getting a Mewtwo egg); Groudon Master (Groudon egg); whatever the HM08 Dive one is...
-Regi Collector (all forms of Regi)
-<Insert Type> Trainer (having all forms of <insert type> pokemon -ex. having all possible ghost type pokemon)
-Breeder (breeding <insert high number> pokemon)
-HM08 Diver (owning HM08 Dive)
-I Leveled a Legend! (having clicked the last time on a rare pokemon egg that made it hatch - your own or someone elses)
-I'm Rich! (having <insert high number> amount of pokedollars)
-Awesome Trainer (getting 1 pokemon up to level 100)
-Epic Trainer (getting <insert number> pokemon up to level 100)
-Shiny Trainer (getting 1 shiny pokemon up to level 100)
-Legendary Trainer (getting 1 legendary pokemon up to level 100)

Umm...yeah. Some of my ideas are nice but not very implementable. Do what you want/can. And if you end up liking achievements, I can make badges...nothing fancy. Probably different colored shield thingers (that when you hover over them, like shop items, they tell you what they're for). Or just make it a list. Either way.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Aratak wrote:1. Expiration dates for shelter pokemon (when a pokemon hasn't been adopted for, say, a week, it deletes, to help clean out the shelter)
Already does that.

2. Display all shelter pokemon on one page, or change between pages (making it easier to find a pokemon, instead of waiting for it to show up by refreshing)
That adds to the "Shelter" aspect and randomness of it.

3.1 Option to abandon unwanted bred egg (if you end up getting the opposite egg that you wanted, an option to donate it to the shelter, helping to free up egg space instead of being stuck with it till it hatches)
3.2 OR display all eggs that are laid, and having the option to choose which one you want
No, and no. The FAQ further explains this.

4. Option on an individual pokemon's My Pokemon page to "Breed <insert pokemon>" and then being able to select a pokemon to bred it with (helpful when a person has many pokemon)
Hm. I'm not sure how this can be done, but I'll think about it.

5. Pokedex List (Different than the normal pokedex, a list that shows which pokemon you have and the ones you still need all in one place - suggested to maybe look something like the lists for the Mewtwo Battles and Legendary Number Game - for more efficient identifying of pokemon owned)
I'll consider this.

6. Being able to custom organize pokemon on your profile (making it easier to find pokemon that the user wants clicked - they can put them as first)
That's been floating around in my mind for a while, and I just haven't done it yet.

7.1 Show (current) achievements on profile (ex. October event 2012, etc)
7.2 (New) Achievement badges
-Poliwager (owning all forms of poliwag)
-Trigger Fingers (clicking <insert high number> of pokemon)
-Something Shiny! (owning at least 1 shiny pokemon)
-Shiny Hunter (having <insert number>+ shiny pokemon)
-Caught 'Em All (having full pokedex)
-Starter Set (having all starter pokemon)
-Mewtwo Defeated (getting a Mewtwo egg); Groudon Master (Groudon egg); whatever the HM08 Dive one is...
-Regi Collector (all forms of Regi)
-<Insert Type> Trainer (having all forms of <insert type> pokemon -ex. having all possible ghost type pokemon)
-Breeder (breeding <insert high number> pokemon)
-HM08 Diver (owning HM08 Dive)
-I Leveled a Legend! (having clicked the last time on a rare pokemon egg that made it hatch - your own or someone elses)
-I'm Rich! (having <insert high number> amount of pokedollars)
-Awesome Trainer (getting 1 pokemon up to level 100)
-Epic Trainer (getting <insert number> pokemon up to level 100)
-Shiny Trainer (getting 1 shiny pokemon up to level 100)
-Legendary Trainer (getting 1 legendary pokemon up to level 100)
This is an interesting idea I've thought a little about, it's just that the way of coding most of it would't be easy with the code the way it is right now. So I'll see.

Umm...yeah. Some of my ideas are nice but not very implementable. Do what you want/can. And if you end up liking achievements, I can make badges...nothing fancy. Probably different colored shield thingers (that when you hover over them, like shop items, they tell you what they're for). Or just make it a list. Either way.

My replies are in the post in red.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#7 Post by Aratak » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:38 pm

1. Making it a rare occurrence to stumble upon already hatched pokemon in the adopts page, keeping with the concept of the description so you don't know for sure what it is (ex. It's a black and orange dog)
1.1 Making the picture like a "Who's that Pokemon?" picture, and to stay simple, make it the same picture, maybe a pikachu or something
1.2 If wanting to keep the "egg maturation" concept for these random pokemon, have a maturity for them too to "tame" or "train" them

2. Drop items
2.1 Dropping toys and such from the shop, rarely (I haven't found anything but evolution items, so I don't know if anything else drops or not)
2.2 Dropping pokemon, again, rarely (You found a <insert pokemon> that follows you home); this can even be more common pokemon
2.3 Dropping extra pokedollars (don't have to be high amount - You found 3 pokedollars someone dropped)

3. Legendary number game - Pay so many pokedollars or soot to make it slightly more likely to get the number

4. Give Poliwrath bot a Politoed - Just because :) Complete the collection

5. Buddy rewards - invite someone to the site with your specific user link, and when they make an account using that link, both participants will be rewarded (so many pokedollars or soot, a random shop item, achievement badge (if ever implimented), etc)

6. Mobile Walker - pokemon put here gains experience as you click other's pokeon

7. Shop items
7.1 High priced item that makes a pokemon egg instantly hatch / make pokemon instantly level
7.2 High priced item that makes it more likely to find rarer pokemon for a day/hour/however long
7.3 High priced item that will slightly increase the chance of a specific pokemon that you own will bred a shiny
7.4 High priced item that makes ti more likely to find a shiny for a day/hour/however long

8. Shelter filter - set the shelter to ignore or show certain pokemon (whichever is easier)

9. Allow unregistered users to click on pokemon (I realize it is an subtle push to make them make an account, but it would allow them to have more of a feel for the site, in my opinion, if they could, and to know they would get help from anyone)

10. Have different sprites for the same pokemon, some rarer than others.

11. In the day care, list pokemon name, or pokemon name and custom name for pokemon. (ex. If a pichu is named Sparkle, Pichu will be the name that shows up in the day care list, or Sparkle (Pichu) or Pichu (Sparkle))

12. Keyboard shortcuts (instead of clicking "feed the next pokemon", have the option to click the right arrow key, or some other key, to make the page go forward)

13. Trading PC (A PC dedicated to displaying pokemon a player has up for trade)

14. -Rarity ratings for players
(for example, the more legendary/rare pokemon a player has, the higher the rarity rating the player has; for example for numbers (subject to change), common pokemon rarity 1, uncommon 5, rare 20, novelty or shiny 30, legendary 50, etc etc...adding up to the final rarity score of the player)

15. More stats
15.1 How many pokemon user has that are level 100
15.2 How many shinys a person has

16. List of item use
(ex. soandsopokemon requires soandsoevolutionitem)

17. Pokemon can evolve notification (bolded name, something on your profile/my pokemon page that shows a pokemon can evolve)

18. Hide selected pokemon from the Daycare
18.1 Remove No Eggs pokemon from the Daycare

19. Option to buy certain pokemon eggs for high price of pokedollars.

20. Profile bio - a separate profile piece where you fill in a few details such as maybe gender, favorite pokemon, favorite game, etc etc

21. Show how many people are on the adopts and shelter page at the given time

22. Forgetfulness potion - a high priced item that makes a pokemon forget their original owner aka gets rid of the original owner

23. Option for the codes (BBCode, HTML, etc) for all eggs and not just the individual eggs (no matter how many eggs or which eggs, the code will allow it to change without resetting it for each individual, if you get what I mean...like the link at the bottom of the poliwaer adoptables site that leads to Slix's gpxplus account)

24. Quick boost - an item you can buy that will increase the maturity of eggs/pokemon you click within x amount of time, when it expires (recommended, 10 minutes).

25. More Mewtwo/Pokemon Battles. After a person gets their Mewtwo - then what? Make up more teams to get more legendary pokemon. Up to you which pokemon, can't do too many or there won't be any left for prizes! Or maybe the option to build up teams for already given legendaries that people didn't get do to relics or not winning.

26. For the new Simple Profile option, show the ten pokemon, but have a number that shows how many pokemon are actually on their profile too.

27. Special Abilities - give certain pokemon the ability to influence other pokemon; suggested the abilities have a "cooldown" period of at least 7 days, or maybe even have to buy an item to make them able to influence again
27.1 Give Valentine's Day squirtles the ability to make a pokemon more likely to breed its breed (ex. influence a pikachu that when it breeds with something else, it will 95% of the time give a pichu as an egg)
27.2. Give a pokemon the ability to influence the gender of a pokemon egg (Ralts?)
27.3 Give a pokemon the ability to "incubate" an egg, adding some kind of effect like every click on it amounting to two clicks, next click amounting to two clicks, suddenly adding x amount of steps, ability to click it twice in one day, etc (Eggescute?)

28. Pearls/HM8Dive
I would kinda prefer to need to get more pearls and have a higher chance of getting them. Makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere at least, less flat out failures. Sort of like soot. But maybe not quite as much. Maybe like, 1000, 5000 pearls, and increase the chance of getting them by whatever scale it increased to.

29. Something Special! aka Random Events
29.1 Say you're clicking along and suddenly the page changes as - "You encountered a [pokemon]! Would you like to capture it?"
29.1.1 Option one is to have a button selecting "yes" or "no" which will give you and/or pass the pokemon.
29.1.2 Option two is to have option 1, but the "yes" is so much of a chance of being successful at capturing it, maybe even some sort of mini-battle. Or other options.
29.2 Being able to do events again - like a "second" random Mt. Chimney where you can get more soot, or something, or a second try at the legendary number game, but only if you happen upon this random event.
29.3 Other random events - finding extra soot, pokedollars, even little mini quests like "would you like to trade pokemon?" (offer a pokemon for the selected random pokemon up for trade by random "person") or "would you like to buy this?" at a discount price or "Can I buy your <thing>?" and offer an item/pokemon up for pokedollars...list is endless.
Again, these events would generate randomly as you navigate the site.

30. Monthly Quests
30.1 Shiny hunts - being able to hunt for your own chosen shiny that month instead of a chosen one.
30.2 Clicking wars - Get so many clicks by the end of the month (around 30,000? Averaging 1000 a day.)
30.3 Multiple Month - get x amount of a certain pokemon a month. Like, by the end of the month, hatch (and keep) 100 Magikarp, or something.
30.4 Types - get x amount of certain types of pokemon per month, ex. fire types

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.