A suggestion for Poliwager Adoptables

Have an idea about what should be added to Poliwager to make it better? Have a question about how to do something on the site? Share and ask here!
SqueePi
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#1 Post by SqueePi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 am

I'm very new to Poliwager Adoptables, but there's a few things that irk me about the "My Pokémon" tab.

My first suggestion is there's no Pokédex number listed anywhere on the page. Sure, I know Squirtle's Pokédex number is 7, but I have no idea what Trubbish's number is. Plus, since there's an organization feature, I don't think it's a foreign notion that some people would like to organize their Pokémon in the order the original games had them in.

My other suggestion is there's no differentiation between those Pokémon that have been sent to the PC and those in your party. I know that there's a separate tag for PC-related shenanigans, but it's just something that could make the page a bit cleaner.

Either way, those are my suggestions. I hope I'm not being too picky or condescending about it and, if so, I apologize.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. All feedback is welcome.
Computer Scientist and Dragon Lover Extraordinaire

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I really need to re-work the way that Pokémon are organized on the server actually, and I've been meaning to for a while now, but it's a long task to take up, but once I do, the organization you mentioned by Pokédex number can work, but currently it will not. There's an option on the My Pokémon page to sort by active (on your profile) or PC only, but do you mean having something to distinguish whether the Pokémon you're looking at overall are in the PC or not? I think I can do that.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

SqueePi
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#3 Post by SqueePi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

I completely understand. Programming is a painstaking task.

Yes, the overall distinction was what I meant. It could simply be a symbol by their name, changing the colour of their hyperlink, or, if you're feeling really rambunctious, keeping two separate lists.
Computer Scientist and Dragon Lover Extraordinaire

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:30 pm

I actually decided to redesign a bit of the My Pokémon page and add more stuff you can see to it, so enjoy! Newly added is the rarity and gender images on the right side, and a better layout, as well as italicizing the PC link if the Pokémon is already in the PC.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.