The Final Pokemon

This forum is for the 4th and 5th Generation Pokémon games. Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 topics go here.
catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#1 Post by catdogmouse » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Alright, so I already have 6 badges, but 5 Pokemon. I can pretty much catch anything you can get in this game so far, I am playing black, and here is my party so far:

I can do swaps, and I have an Axew, Litwick, Victini, and Zoroark in my boxes from my previous game.
...Wait, What?

ImageImageImageImageImage

maccrash21
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#2 Post by maccrash21 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm assuming you want us to give you insight as to what should be your final Pokemon?
Boring signature is boring

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8408-4822
PM me when you add me so I can add you.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#3 Post by catdogmouse » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Yes, I'm kinda stuck... I don't have any fire pokemon on hand, so the ice gym coming up should be a little difficult.
...Wait, What?

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#4 Post by Gluttony » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Fire is a good offensive type, but fire is also one of the worst types a Pokemon could have. It really hurts them defensively.

It's a far better idea to get something non-fire-typed with a fire type move. If you really want a fire type try to raise up a Chandelure. They are absolute beasts when trained right.

My personal suggestion would be to spring for something a little more fast hitting than your team (sans Serperior) that'll be capable of dealing with Ghetsis' Hydreigon (AKA the cheating computer's trump card). A strong fighting, bug, ice, or dragon type is your best bet. You'll want one that can either outspeed him or survive the first hit long enough to hit back hard.

My ABSOLUTE number one choice is Sawk. Yes really. A Sawk with the Sturdy ability and the move reversal is pretty much guaranteed to one-shot what I consider the toughest opponent in the pre-credits story of Black and white. Basically, don't send in the blue guy until Hydreigon comes out. Then, attack with Reversal immediately. Hydreigon will outspeed you and blast away your entire health bar in one shot most likely, but Sturdy will keep you alive. Reversal (Sawk learns it at level 53 by the way) will have a base power of 200 while Sawk is at single digit HP, and is a super effective attack that benefits from STAB. It's pretty much impossible for Hydreigon to NOT lose to it in a single hit.
Above: The road to victory.

(Note that in Route 10's dark grass you can sometimes find Sawk as high levelled as 41. That might be a good place to start.)

maccrash21
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#5 Post by maccrash21 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

I posed this question on Marriland and this:
Victini works, as long as you know what moves to teach it.
And:
To give your team better coverage, drop Simipour, then add both Litwick & Zoroark to the lineup.
To be honest I like the second idea better.
Boring signature is boring

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8408-4822
PM me when you add me so I can add you.

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#6 Post by Gluttony » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm

maccrash21 wrote:
To give your team better coverage, drop Simipour, then add both Litwick & Zoroark to the lineup.
Though that's probably a good idea, the original point was simply which Pokemon should be added. Whether Simipour should be dropped or not wasn't part of the question.

Personally, I always get pissed off when I come up with part of an idea, ask somebody to help me finish it, and they start taking apart what I already have instead. So I really hate seeing answers like that one.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#7 Post by catdogmouse » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Alright, here is my final decision:

I will fond a Sawk, and drop simipour for litwick.
...Wait, What?

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#8 Post by Gluttony » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Keep in mind Sawk can have two abilities, Sturdy and Inner Focus. A Sturdy Sawk is by far the better choice.

You can identify them by simply hitting them with a strong super-effective move; the sturdy Sawk are the ones that survive with 1HP.

Likewise Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure can have either Flash Fire or Flame Body. Flash Fire is the better of the two. It'll help you confront Alder's Volcarona way down the road too.

catdogmouse
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#9 Post by catdogmouse » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Alright... Thanks for the advice! I'm off to find a Sawk! Wish me luck!
...Wait, What?

Gluttony
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#10 Post by Gluttony » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Best of luck. ^_^

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.