April 2013 Event and New Stuff!

Read the newest announcments to the Poliwager Adoptables here!
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:25 pm

BE SURE TO READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY THAT CAN BE FOUND HERE.

There's a lot in store this month! First off, the event will be a new system I've been working on. This may make a return later as another event or maybe as a weekly or monthly mini-event, but for now, it's here for this month! Funfest Missions! Basically, everyone that wishes to participate can join the mission, help complete whatever task it asks, and at the end of the day if it's completed, receive a Pass Orb! These will be used to determine if you win the prize egg at the end of the month.

Also a new game is being released today, the Magic Jump! I wonder what the prizes are...

Finally, everyone knows that April is Dunsparce Appreciation Month, so there will be an event ticket and a multiplier for it!

Enjoy the new stuff and good luck!

Requirements for winning a prize egg

• You may only obtain one of the eggs that will be given out, per event.
  • You may only obtain a prize Pokémon once. Meaning, if you obtain a Zapdos during one month, you can't obtain a Zapdos during the next event with a Zapdos in it.
  • There will be as many of each Legendary Pokémon given out as there are eligible participants.
  • You will find the egg on the main Adopt page, not in your party right away, and keep searching until you find it.
  • You will be the only one able to see your egg, so there's no rush in trying to get your egg before someone else.
  • You do not need to be online when I run the script to release the Pokémon, you just must complete the above requirements.

Update #1: April Fools everyone! While some of the updates yesterday were real, most were April Fools' Day pranks. The Funfest Missions are the only real thing for this month. The Magic Jump game will always result in a loss, the multiplier (0.41x) actually decreased the normal amount of egg steps eggs would receive, and the Dunsparce Appreciation Month was a fake holiday. Gotchya! April Fools! The Magic Jump game will still be live for the time being, but the link in the sidebar will be taken off soon.

Update #2: Now, to announce how the prizes this month will be awarded. For every 10 Pass Orbs you have collected, you will receive a Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion, in that order. Yes, you can receive all three this month. Also, for the last week, starting on April 24th until the end of the month, two Pass Orbs will be given for completing the missions instead of one, to help people get to that 30 mark and help newcomers get up there too. Enjoy!

Update #3: Event eggs are out! Anyone that had over 5 Pass Orbs also got a consolation Nugget for participating. Enjoy, and thanks for helping with all the missions this month!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Aratak
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#2 Post by Aratak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am

Is there anything special about the April Dunsparce? Or is it just a normal one like you can find in the game already?

moon5330
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#3 Post by moon5330 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 am

Basically for this month it's fun and games? (Competition in getting pass orbs...today's mission also gains you lots of money!)
Why is it called a Signature if nobody ever signs this thing?

Click please?

Forget me now
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#4 Post by Forget me now » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm sorry for not helping that much today, I swear I'll make up for it tomorrow - it's because only now I actually took my time to read what the mission is.. I tought it was individual >.<

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:10 pm

It's a group effort, that's right!

Today's mission is complete! Make sure you join before the day is over so you can get a Pass Orb for helping if you haven't already!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Soma Ghost

#6 Post by Soma Ghost » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:05 am

Sure would've been nice to use that Dunsparce Appreciation ticket yesterday...if I would've had something actually hatch yesterday...I don't see why the ticket should expire either, especially considering it's called Dunsparce Appreciation Month... :(

BLEACHIchigo1
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#7 Post by BLEACHIchigo1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 am

Good idea, I´ll do my best this month. And please help my Keldeo out, thanks. ☆^¬^☆

evergreenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by evergreenn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Soma Ghost wrote:Sure would've been nice to use that Dunsparce Appreciation ticket yesterday...if I would've had something actually hatch yesterday...I don't see why the ticket should expire either, especially considering it's called Dunsparce Appreciation Month... :(
It doesn't expire if you click redeem on the date it's given. I haven't adopted mine yet either.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by Slix » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Slix wrote:Update #1: April Fools everyone! While some of the updates yesterday were real, most were April Fools' Day pranks. The Funfest Missions are the only real thing for this month. The Magic Jump game will always result in a loss, the multiplier (0.41x) actually decreased the normal amount of egg steps eggs would receive, and the Dunsparce Appreciation Month was a fake holiday. Gotchya! April Fools! The Magic Jump game will still be live for the time being, but the link in the sidebar will be taken off soon.
Enjoy!

mr ryt
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#10 Post by mr ryt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 am

You got us there Slix XD anyway how do we collect berries?
Gen I

Gen II

Gen III

Gen IV

Gen V

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.