Anime & Manga General Discussion

What TV show are you watching these days? What did you see on your last trip to the movie theater? Talk about it here!
Amuro Ray
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#1 Post by Amuro Ray » Sat May 03, 2014 10:27 pm

ALRIGHT, first goal for joining Poliwager is to bring back an Anime/Manga general discussion!

I used to watch some as a kid, but this last winter break some of my friends got me back into anime and I haven't stopped since. Let's all use this thread for anything related. We can list our favorites, recommend some, or just chat away about some memorable experiences we've had watching/reading.

To start off: I freakin' love the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise (my avatar is from Zeta Gundam, the signature is from Gundam Build Fighters). If you want to discuss anything Gundam, I'm your guy!

Watched:
Some other favorites I've watched so far are the Dragonball franchise, Digimon seasons 1&2, Full Metal Panic!, Nichijou (My Ordinary Life), Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Squid Girl), Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Soul Eater, and Zatch Bell.

Read:
I've only just gotten into manga, so far I've read about 10 volumes of Soul Eater, a few volumes of Death Note, the 5 volumes of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, and all of Azumanga Daioh, Full Metal Panic! Sigma, and Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam.

Currently Watching/Reading:
Right now I'm watching Death Note, K-On!, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop. Also looking at starting Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist. I'm three volumes away from finishing my Yotsuba&! collection, which is by far the greatest manga ever, in my opinion.

So, a lot to read, I'm sure, but I'm just excited to try and start up some conversation on this board with some fellow anime lovers!

ghostyTrickster
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#2 Post by ghostyTrickster » Sun May 04, 2014 11:05 am

now this is my kind of thread.

i have always liked death note, and i LOVE the general plot of soul eater. lately, i'm into madoka magica, evangelion and free!, and i'm really excited to watch the sailor moon reboot.

thanks for reminding me! i'm long overdue to watch cowboy bebop again.

Amuro Ray
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#3 Post by Amuro Ray » Sun May 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Haha yeahh, my college roommate is an enormous fan of Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion. I'll probably be picking up Evangelion once I finish one of the current ones I'm watching.
I'm also interested in that Sailor Moon reboot! Can't wait to see how it is.
What's Madoka Magica like? I've heard of it but know pretty much nothing about it.

ghostyTrickster
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#4 Post by ghostyTrickster » Sun May 04, 2014 11:39 pm

well, i can't say too much about it without giving the entire plot away! madoka magica is not what you would expect out of a magical girl anime with such a cutesy art style. there are only 12 episodes, so i would recommend watching it for yourself when you get a chance!

Amuro Ray
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#5 Post by Amuro Ray » Mon May 05, 2014 10:36 am

Haha, sounds good. Yeahh twelve episodes is a quick watch and I've heard it's good, I'll definitely add it to my list! Thanks :D

Lady Sable

#6 Post by Lady Sable » Mon May 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist! YEAH! Tsubasa Chronicles and DNAngel are also super awesome mangas. I've also just recently picked up Doubt and Durarara Drrrr! which seem pretty cool so far.

ghostyTrickster
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#7 Post by ghostyTrickster » Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm

wow. tsubasa chronicles and dnangel. that takes me back!

on a kind of unrelated note, i downloaded some songs from the 20th anniversary sailor moon album today. i listened to them, they were amazing, and i cried. a lot.

Lady Sable

#8 Post by Lady Sable » Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Haha yeah, I was really sad when there were like no new DNAngels... Truthfully, I have never seen Sailor Moon, but I've heard so much about it and it seems reallllllly popular.

Amuro Ray
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#9 Post by Amuro Ray » Tue May 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Gurl you haven't seen ANY Sailor Moon? Snap. It's a classic. Sailor Jupiter da best.

I'll have to check out the OST for the new Sailor Moon, haha. I saw some character designs and their definitely looking good, very fitting for the series.

On an unrelated note, has anyone ever finished a series and gotten like a wave of feels/sadness knowing that it's over? I got a tiny bit of it today when I finished up Nichijou. The only way I found to get rid of those feels is to start watching another anime right away, haha. IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE!

ghostyTrickster
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#10 Post by ghostyTrickster » Wed May 07, 2014 5:01 am

wow. you should consider watching a few episodes sometime to see if you like it!

yeah, i get those bittersweet feelings all the time. especially so with an anime like nichijou that makes you laugh so much.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.