As you might have noticed, over the past few months, Poliwager Forums hasn't been doing so hot in the activity corner of things. I know it's a lot of things combined that made that happen, but I have a proposition for us all to help get us out of this rut.
Over the next 4 months, until April 2015, which will be Poliwager Forums' 6th birthday, I'd like to set a few goals for the Forum overall so we have some direction and we know we're all helping to reach these goals and getting Poliwager Forums more active all around.
1. 45,000 total posts: We currently have just over 42,600 posts, so getting just under 2,500 posts in 4 months shouldn't be too big of a deal. That's just a few hundred a month, and with everyone participating, we can surely reach this. More posts = more activity = more fun!
2. 550 total members: We currently have 530 members. That means we need to bring in 20 new members, from other sites that we're on, and friends that we have in real life, or online, siblings, whoever. Let's bring new members into the community to have fun with us!
3. 1,300 total topics: We currently have 1,228 topics. Let's start this large project here by posting new topics, with new ideas, new games, and new conversations to get the new posts coming in!
Where do we start?
Well, if you're reading this, you're already really close to helping! Some things you can do to help:
1. Start posting, like mentioned above! None of this can happen without this. People often come to the forums, see that no one has posted anything new, and then leave, since they don't feel they can contribute anything new. Let's change that! All it takes is a few seconds to post something new and spark new conversations.
2. Invite your friends! The best way to get people to check out Poliwager Forums is through good old-fashioned word of mouth. Remember, Poliwager Forums is a fun place to hang out, and who better to hang out with than your friends?
3. If you are a member of other sites, use the Advertising topic that already exists to get signature banners to show off Poliwager Forums on other forums and sites!
4. If you're a Poliwager Adoptables member as well, check out the Adoptables Discussion Forum here on the Poliwager Forums, for talking about the Adoptables, what Pokémon you've gotten recently, and as a bonus, your Pokémon can grow from being in your signature and gaining views!
5. Share us on social media! I and a few others are on Twitter, many are on Facebook, and Poliwager is on both! Share us, like us, talk about us! People see these things on your timeline if you post about us on other social media networks!
6. I'll be sending out an email to everyone that's been a member of Poliwager Forums before, encouraging them to come back and informing them of this initiative.
7. Just because an idea wasn't mentioned here, doesn't mean it's not a good idea! Don't be afraid to break out of the "norm" and try something different to help make Poliwager Forums more active again. Make a video, send a letter, do a Pokémon game challenge and post it here. Everything is good, and I'm excited to see how you all help out!
One More Thing...
I've been looking off and on for a while now for a new Moderator for Poliwager Forums: Someone to help look over posts that might be questionable, help keep new topics in the forums they belong in, and help create activity and new posts regularly here on Poliwager Forums. I am not accepting applications for this potential new role, so do not PM or post asking me about it, but keep in mind, if you help a lot over these next few months and I notice a possibility of you being a good moderator, I may think more about it. I just wanted to post about it here, to let you all know what's been on my mind for the future of the Staff here.
Well, that's about all I've got for you right now! I'll keep this post updated as we approach the goals I've set for us, and I look forward to what will happen for all of us on Poliwager Forums over the next few months!
Update - February 8, 2015: We've now gotten 42,842 total posts, 1,246 total topics, and 542 total members. We're only a little over 2 months away from the goal date, so let's keep it up guys! Get your friends to join, and create some more new topics for discussion!