Funfest Missions

Poliwager Adoptables is a place for adopting your own Pokémon eggs and raising them together with others! Talk about anything related to the Poliwager Adoptables here!
[Poliwager Adoptables Click Exchange Topic]
Audrey729
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: I live in the middle of the Arctic Ocean. Don't worry about me, we have plenty of hot spots out here

#1 Post by Audrey729 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Slix,
I don't think the Funfest missions are honestly fair. First of all, you need to make them so that they're a minimum required to get the pass orbs-especially if the person has already reached the minimum required in order to get the prize. And based off of this complaint, people who don't/barely participate shouldn't get any pass orbs at all, because they're not "participating" even though that's what they signed up to do when they joined the Funfest mission. By the way, look at this chart:
This image was taken at 4:46 P.M. server time immediately after the Funfest mission was complete.

SakuraKitty, Nitra999, and I did the most work. We used up over TWO HOURS of our time, when everybody could have easily done 45 minutes, and we would have made it. We would have finished, only if everybody did 45 clicks. But they didn't! You need to make a minimum requirement, and possibly the ones who participated the most would get the most Pass Orbs at the end of the day. I say this because SakuraKitty, one of Nitra999 and I's friends isn't going to win the prize at the end. She isn't going to get the 20 Pass Orb minimum. Yet she tries. She still tries to help complete the Funfest Mission. Many people only clicked once or twice to help complete the mission, and I don't think that they honestly deserve the Pass Orbs, because they didn't "participate." And these people that constantly don't participate, they are at the top of the pass orbs list! Why? Because they just click "join" on the Funfest mission tab and do nothing more? Is this fair?
This is my huge signature of pokemon, but at least I finally got that Mewtwo!

Nitra999
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Antarctica, where I have enough internet access to regularly go online.

#2 Post by Nitra999 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:11 pm

I agree. When I look at the "Top 50 Event Item Collectors," and at the Funfest page every day, I notice one thing, every day: The people who collect the most pass orbs don't do any better at the Funfest missions than anyone else. In most cases, the people who don't have the most Pass Orbs are doing way better than anybody else. Even people who don't need the extra Pass Orb, like houndoom42, and people who won't get the prize anyway, like SakuraKitty, will help with the Funfest Mission more than people who are seemingly "good" at collecting Pass Orbs.
The Funfest Mission page describes the missions:
"Welcome to the Funfest Missions! Here's how they work. Missions get posted every day and everyone can participate. Everyone on the site may join at any time during a mission and help complete the mission. Each mission has different requirements to be completed, but if everyone collectively helps to complete the mission, each person who has joined will receive a Pass Orb. These will be used to award prizes."
There's one part of this that I find wrong. Though it states that "each person who has joined will receive a Pass Orb," it says that that is true, only providing that "everyone collectively helps to complete the mission." When I look at the chart that Audrey729 posted, I see that a whole 6 people have double digits. They account for about 24% of the total requirement. That's slightly below the expectation of a group that's 30 percent of the total. Below that, I see fourteen people who did one digit numbers. All 14 of those people make a total of...3 percent. A group that accounts for 70% of all the participants did 3 percent of the total required. That leaves the remaining 15% of people...who did 73% of the total. Those are the people who deserve a Pass Orb, those who gave 2 and a half to 4 hours of their time to work for a Pass Orb.
Thank you for reading to this part.
I really missed this place.
Image ImageImage
Click on them if you want to, but if you see this then you've already helped.
Thanks!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks for posting this and being concerned about it. I definitely understand why it's seen as a problem that people can just join and not help complete the mission and still receive a Pass Orb. However, the reason it's done this way is for the missions that are more random, such as finding berries. Yes, users can continually click throughout the day to find the berries to help complete the mission, but it's all luck in that instance. Should the users that are online for 3 hours during the day, clicking hundreds of Pokemon, yet still don't find any berries not receive any Pass Orbs during the day? That's why the requirements are set the way they are. However, that's not to say that people shouldn't help out and do their part, but that's not always how people operate, sadly.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Audrey729
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: I live in the middle of the Arctic Ocean. Don't worry about me, we have plenty of hot spots out here

#4 Post by Audrey729 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Slix,
I see your point there. Most of the Funfest missions are luck-based, so it would be hard to make a minimum. But it's not who's the luckiest, it's who works the most. The chances of not finding berries after clicking for Two hours is so low. So even though our way may not be fair with a minimum requirement, that way is even less fair, as some people don't even try clicking Pokemon at all to find berries. Additionally, a lot of the other Funfest missions aren't based on luck, such as clicking a certain amount of Pokemon throughout the day, and also buying and selling Pokemart items.
This is my huge signature of pokemon, but at least I finally got that Mewtwo!

Nitra999
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Antarctica, where I have enough internet access to regularly go online.

#5 Post by Nitra999 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 pm

She's right. I don't know the chances of finding an item or a berry, but I do know you're a lot more likely to get just one of them if you click three thousand times than it is if you click zero.
I don't know if there's a way to fix this, but I do know that there is always a way if you look for it, so that's what I will do.
I really missed this place.
Image ImageImage
Click on them if you want to, but if you see this then you've already helped.
Thanks!

evergreenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by evergreenn » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Guys, I understand you might not think it's fair, but even if it was changed to making you participate to earn a prize, there'd still be people that only do the bare minimum. Life isn't fair.
And I'd like to point out that the Funfest Missions are modeled after the ones in the Pokemon games. Not everyone necessarily does equal work in those either.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.