Sorry about my attitude

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Nitra999
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Antarctica, where I have enough internet access to regularly go online.

#1 Post by Nitra999 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:48 pm

About five months ago, if someone had asked me about how I felt towards Poliwager, I would respond with something completely positive. My friend Audrey729 and I were pretty active and participated in Poliwager's forums and Adoptables almost every day. Then, if you had asked me if I would ever leave Poliwager, I'd say "No. Of course not. Why would I?"
But then, in early September, my computer broke (a story I am not willing to share) and I was not able to get on this website as often as I would have liked to.
Then I got mad.
September's event was the Funfest missions, the first time they were continuous instead of every day. Before my computer broke, the Funfest missions were challenging, several taking more than a day with both Audrey729 and I working (Yes, it was mostly us). I first started getting mad when I did a Funfest mission by myself and both Slix and Evergreenn joined without doing anything. But then, after my computer broke, Audrey729 told me of how easy the missions had become. I still feel upset about how all of the sudden, the number of poster presses needed to succeed went from 1250 to 100, and it still took longer to do than when we were participating. I made a few very angry posts about how unfair it was (Slix and Evergreenn rightfully didn't respond) and hated Poliwager from then on.
So yeah, sorry about that. I shouldn't have been so mad that the Funfests needed to be taken down a notch, and I shouldn't have been generally angry just because my computer broke. I hope you guys can forgive my anger, and Poliwager is now tied for my favorite Pokemon site instead of it being on the bottom of my list. This was a message to Slix and Evergreenn, and also a note to everyone that goodbye forever, if you care. (After this week, so I can respond to any responses). I'll see if Audrey729 will agree with me about our emotional mess.

Also, happy 8th birthday, Poliwager!
I really missed this place.
Image ImageImage
Click on them if you want to, but if you see this then you've already helped.
Thanks!

Asha
Donor
Donor

#2 Post by Asha » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Nitra, I don't normally reply to these, but this should really have been in a PM to Slix and Evergreenn, I don't recall ever reading anything about you being angry (I don't read adoptables that much), but how can you say you hate Poliwager over the fact your computer broke just before the event was made easier. That was just coincidence, not Poliwagers fault.

I can understand the anger you can feel when you break a computer (I once put my fist through my laptop :roll: :lol: ) but blaming something else (like Poliwager) because it carried on with its event as planned isn't something to penalize it for. This forum and its adoptables section are great.

A computer can be replaced and then you could have been back up a participating in other competitions, not hating something that had nothing to do with the initial problem.

I don't understand why you are leaving? You say it is 'now tied for my favorite pokemon site' but you are leaving regardless, to us that would seem that it isn't one of your favorite sites and this is a half hearted apology. Perhaps you're afraid of what people will say? How they will judge your recent behaviour? Believe me we all have enough in our own lives to worry about one little spat of anger.

You've had a rough few months with Poliwager, everyone has or will have eventually, its a part of life. You talk to the same people all the time your bound to clash once or twice, there's no escaping that. Poliwager has much to offer and I'm sure the other members here won't hold the last few months against you. I'm unsure as to whether you've had warnings for the Moderation team before but if not then I can't see you being banned over this (Slix's decision however), if they were to ban you they'd have done it by now.

This happened, if it were me I'd send an apology to Slix and Evergreenn for the way you've acted, draw a line under it and move on, much more important things going on in the world right now.

You are young and have much to learn in life, running away from your problems (even those on here) won't solve anything, better off facing them. Just my opinion but take it how you will.

If you do decide to leave, all the best for the future.
Ash

PS: The above also applies to Audrey729.

My Adoptable Army

Nitra999
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Antarctica, where I have enough internet access to regularly go online.

#3 Post by Nitra999 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Thanks, but I'm not going away from Poliwager because I was mad at it. I'm leaving because my parents are now tracking everything I'm doing on my computer, and if they do see this site, I again won't have a computer.
I really missed this place.
Image ImageImage
Click on them if you want to, but if you see this then you've already helped.
Thanks!

Asha
Donor
Donor

#4 Post by Asha » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Can I ask why your parents don't want you on websites like this?

My Adoptable Army

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.