What was your first pet?

Have something you want to chat about that's not in another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
Asha
Donor
Donor

#1 Post by Asha » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:20 pm

My first pet was a hamster called fella, he lived for around 3 years which is generally thought of as quite good for a hamster, I was only about 4 or 5 when I had him so roughly about 18 years ago.... Still remember him quite clearly though :D

My Adoptable Army

Laurz
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#2 Post by Laurz » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Aww :) My first pet was a little black and white kitten and i called her oliver after the disney film oliver and company, then realised it was a girl but still kept the name :lol: she was lovely! i had her when i was very young and she died about 2 years ago so she lived a good life she was so cute!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 pm

I had a fish named Tiny when I was little, he was a small goldfish. Over the years later on we got more fish, but Tiny was the first. :P 

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Nitra999
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager
Location: Antarctica, where I have enough internet access to regularly go online.

#4 Post by Nitra999 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:18 am

Uh...My mom got a dog when I was 4, but my dad didn't like pets, so we had to get rid of it after a week. Now, I have a fish that looks like it should just die any second, but it won't.
I really missed this place.
Image ImageImage
Click on them if you want to, but if you see this then you've already helped.
Thanks!

Shadow
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#5 Post by Shadow » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:16 pm

A hamster whom I'd named Pee-Wee. I was eight years old.
My mom showed up to get me from daycare one day with her.

I'll never forget the day I came home from school and found a bunch of little pink things swarming around her when I'd tried to put her in her ball.
I ran downstairs to the kitchen where my mom was on the phone with her friend and shouted:
"Mom, Pee-wee had babies!"
"Are you sure?" she asked.

The circumstances of her death are unknown. My mom had made the discovery when trying to feed her while I was away at my dad's apartment (my parents divorced when I was 3) and is only able to guess that she must have choked on a bit of her cage lining. Pee-wee did have a tendency to chew things, she chewed up the end of one of the ears of my Winnie the Pooh, Rabbit plush and there were chew marks in the lining.

I tried to keep one of the babies at my dad's apartment, a female I'd called Peaches. Peaches was kind of a Pikachu, she was a biter. She'd once bit my dad's finger. One day she'd chewed through the box where we'd been keeping her and disappeared. As far as I can remember she was never seen again.

JOHN CENA

#6 Post by JOHN CENA » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:14 am

my fist pet wuz a bayta fish w/black spotts. i called him joooooohn cenah. he was my beset fired. then he dyed and i ated him. it wasa salteee.

Asha
Donor
Donor

#7 Post by Asha » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Shadow wrote:A hamster whom I'd named Pee-Wee. I was eight years old.
My mom showed up to get me from daycare one day with her.

I'll never forget the day I came home from school and found a bunch of little pink things swarming around her when I'd tried to put her in her ball.
I ran downstairs to the kitchen where my mom was on the phone with her friend and shouted:
"Mom, Pee-wee had babies!"
"Are you sure?" she asked.

The circumstances of her death are unknown. My mom had made the discovery when trying to feed her while I was away at my dad's apartment (my parents divorced when I was 3) and is only able to guess that she must have choked on a bit of her cage lining. Pee-wee did have a tendency to chew things, she chewed up the end of one of the ears of my Winnie the Pooh, Rabbit plush and there were chew marks in the lining.

I tried to keep one of the babies at my dad's apartment, a female I'd called Peaches. Peaches was kind of a Pikachu, she was a biter. She'd once bit my dad's finger. One day she'd chewed through the box where we'd been keeping her and disappeared. As far as I can remember she was never seen again.
Wow, it seems like you haven't had much luck with pets :? Do you have any now?
JOHN CENA wrote:my fist pet wuz a bayta fish w/black spotts. i called him joooooohn cenah. he was my beset fired. then he dyed and i ated him. it wasa salteee.
Erm... no words...

My Adoptable Army

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#8 Post by Crashinggg » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:51 pm

The first pet I had ownership of was my fish named Dorothy that started to eat all the other fishes tails, we had to separate it into its own tank and everything was good. However for a little kid it was terrifying and I started to think I was a bad parent. Fish are good starter pets as long as you know which ones get along with each other if you want multiple in a tank.

Laurz
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#9 Post by Laurz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:15 am

aww I love fish we have some tropical fish at the moment which were Asha's but he don't bother with them but I do I want more in there to add some colour which he did promise me actually I might after I finish this essay try and get him to take me to get some more aha!

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#10 Post by Crashinggg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 pm

That's a good deal, fish tanks are cool when they are full with color. The one mine were in had a tropical poster on the back for a back ground and little statues for them to hide in. It's great because it's like their own decorated home.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.