Poliwager Forums Turns 15 Years Old!

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:11 am

:poliwag: Hey everyone! :poliwag:

Today is the big day. Poliwager Forums was originally created on April 10, 2009, and that means today is the 15th birthday of the forum!

Here's a Snapshot from the Internet Archive from 2009. It's crazy to think how far we've come. When the site first started, I created it using a free forum software website, and in November 2010, we moved to our current site: forums.poliwager.net. During that initial move, we unfortunately lost the old site's posts and topics, but the team worked hard to create them here and raise awareness of the server change, and it allowed greater customization over the years and flexibility for what we wanted the site to become. We've been a hub for Poliwager Adoptables updates and discussion, Pokémon discussion, all the way back since before HeartGold and SoulSilver came out, and just a good place to hang out with fellow friendly Pokémon fans. I'm so happy you've been here for it all, whether you just arrived, or you've been around for years already!

Today, we have a total of:
Total posts: 63,904
Total topics: 2,414
Total members: 1,042

Let's celebrate, and continue to share this space as a fun, social area of the internet that all can enjoy! Tell us about your favorite memories of the forums too! :D

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#2 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:48 pm

Some of my favorite memories from the forums were Oshi's Stadium Tournament and the Hurt 'n' Heal contest! I remember when I won the giveaway for a Poliwager.net t-shirt a few years ago for posting the most on the forums back in I believe it was 2018. Thank you so much Slix for keeping this site up and running and helping the community grow over the years! I've been here for over 6 years now and I couldn't be more proud of the family we have on here now! :D <3 :politoed:

Mike
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#3 Post by Mike » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:26 pm

I joined last December and I have really enjoy the site. Can't wait to see what is coming to make it even better.

Monthly and bug challenge

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#4 Post by Oshi » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:48 pm

Slix is so old. haha
Here's to another 15
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

Cpvr

#5 Post by Cpvr » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 am

Happy birthday, Poliwager!
Hey! I’m the owner of :bigpolitical: Virtual Pet List

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.