Site Host Migration [April 2024]

Read these for announcements concerning the forums!
Also be sure to read the rules of the forums here! Last updated on February 15, 2019.
[Want to help share Poliwager with friends?]
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

Hey all!

I have some news regarding Poliwager. I will be migrating the site's web host from our current web host to another sometime soon, starting today. As this happens, the site will be taken down (hopefully not for long) until the migration is complete. After this is done, I hope to have everything running smoothly soon, from the Forums to the Adoptables.

For status updates while the site is down, please refer to our Twitter account and our Discord server for more immediate updates.

Thank you!

Edit 5/2/2024: Hey everyone! Sorry for all the confusion regarding the upgrade while I figured things out to save us some money and keep the site working as we need it to for you all! I have renewed my hosting plan with the current host, and hope to have no issues in the next few years since I was able to get a discount for a 3 year term. The site should automatically upgrade to the new plan on May 29, but there should be little to no downtime. If there is, please be sure to pop into our Discord server for updates!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:18 pm

Hey all. After some struggles to get the new host working properly, I have decided for the time being to revert to the old host. Sorry for the inconvenience during the time the site was down. The current host is increasing prices in a few weeks, so I am searching for a new host that can accommodate us while also not paying more if possible. I hope to know what the plans will be soon! Rest assured, the site isn't going away, I just have to figure out what the best option is going forward. Stay tuned!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Thu May 02, 2024 3:43 pm

Edit 5/2/2024: Hey everyone! Sorry for all the confusion regarding the upgrade while I figured things out to save us some money and keep the site working as we need it to for you all! I have renewed my hosting plan with the current host, and hope to have no issues in the next few years since I was able to get a discount for a 3 year term. The site should automatically upgrade to the new plan on May 29, but there should be little to no downtime. If there is, please be sure to pop into our Discord server for updates!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.