Sword/Shield: Shiny Thread

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#11 Post by KOBY15 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:27 pm

So since last night I've been shiny hunting for Alcremie using the Masuda method, but I ended up getting bored so I decided to connect to the internet and do a max raid. Someone was hosting a gigantimax Garbodor raid and since I don't already have one, I decided to do the raid. But to my surprise, it was blue instead of green so I started freaking out! When it came time to catch it, I was very very worried since I had to use an ultra ball, but I ended up catching it! It has near perfect Iv's as well so I am glad I caught it!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#12 Post by KOBY15 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 am

Sorry for the double post in this thread, but I was doing some random raid battles to try and get some Exp. Candies. When I joined a Morpeko raid, I thought it looked a bit weird but I also just thought it was due to it being dynamax. But then I saw the sparkles! This was my second shiny within 24 hours!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Post by Slix » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:25 am

Nice work! I was trying to find a brilliant Dottler the other day, and after about 30 encounters and no brilliants, I got a shiny one! It's purple. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, since its IVs are not great.

I also ended up getting 3 shiny Magikarp at the beginning of the year, forgot to mention!

@KOBY15 How are you getting these images on here, do you post them to Twitter first and snag them from there?

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#14 Post by Oshi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Woah all these new shinys.
Is there a thread for shinys in any Pokemon game around here?
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Post by Slix » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:50 pm

@Oshi Not currently, but feel free to make one here if you want: viewforum.php?f=35

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#16 Post by KOBY15 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Slix wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:25 am Nice work! I was trying to find a brilliant Dottler the other day, and after about 30 encounters and no brilliants, I got a shiny one! It's purple. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, since its IVs are not great.

I also ended up getting 3 shiny Magikarp at the beginning of the year, forgot to mention!

@KOBY15 How are you getting these images on here, do you post them to Twitter first and snag them from there?
Sorry for the almost month late response, yes I post them to twitter then post the the image links.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Post by Slix » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:25 pm

I've been shiny hunting Galarian Zigzagoon lately, through the Masuda Method in eggs. I've hatched a bunch so far but no luck yet.

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#18 Post by NovariusHaze » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:46 am

It’s funny my first raid I did in Sword was a shiny Pidove. I was freaking out because I didn’t know how the mechanics worked but I soon learned you had to beat the Pokémon to be able to throw a ball. Since then I’ve gotten many shinys, especially from raids. Almost too many.

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#19 Post by I love squirtle line » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:35 am

When I was playing through the game on my second fossil pokemon I got a shiny. Unintentional shiny Arctozolt.
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Post by Slix » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:16 am

I did end up getting my shiny Zigzagoon egg a while back!

Last night I got a shiny Azumarill from the raid event recently.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.