Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#1 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:13 pm

Hello there! It seems that not even the reveal trailer was posted when it first came out over 3 months ago! I am here to get you covered on that today. :D

On February 27th, 2022 (Pokemon Day), the Official Pokemon YouTube channel dropped a Pokemon Presents video featuring multiple updates for various Pokemon games and anime series. At the tail end of the presents they left us with the Reveal Trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!

This trailer gives us a short preview of all the beautiful graphics on the new generation 9 region and showcases the starters for this game. In all honesty, I got a little too excited when I saw Seviper! :lol:

Let us know what your honest reaction to this reveal trailer was!

As of today the Official Pokemon YouTube channel has dropped their second trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet!

This trailer has revealed to us that there will be different Pokemon Professors between versions, animations of this region's starters, and (possibly) our rival for this series using a Pokemon that resembles Pikachu! A four-player adventure mechanic, a Pokemon that kinda reminds you of Budew, a Pokemon named Lechonk (yes seriously, LE CHONK), and a special looking arena to top it off have also been teased!

We also have our official box legendaries finally revealed! Which version do you think you'll choose? A primitive Scarlet legendary or a futuristic Violet legendary?

Games have been announced to officially release on Friday, November 18th, 2022!

Do let me know what you think of these games with the new trailer having been dropped today! :shock:

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#2 Post by Oshi » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:41 pm

Cool game and what not. Though for me it's sandwiched between some strong competition. Between a new fire emblem game, two new sonic games, and a freakin new klonoa game, I don't think I will get it when it comes out. Though I could after some time has passed when I'm done with those other games. I'm also a bit disappointed for personal reasons with Pokémon's other recent releases, (Y no cool bug types or flying rat!?!?) so my hopes aren't too high yet.

Also lol Pokémon has protogens
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#3 Post by I love squirtle line » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:37 am

Probably futuristic violet. By the way the two legendary Pokemon are called ride on past and ride on future. Also behind the professors there is a diagram about time travel. Also on the trainer's shirt we saw in the trailer there was a minotaur looking Tauros. Regional form of Tauros?
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:46 pm

I'm excited for these games. The idea of having two more separate themes and storylines intrigues me.

I think the art style looks good, and the new Pokémon are cute!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#5 Post by Crashinggg » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:02 am

I think that I will get Violet, I'm excited for two stories again and seeing what the differences will be, disappointed with another cat pokemon, but happy about a new pig pokemon. I hope that more creativity is thrown into the pokemon. I'm also intrigued by the kiosk looking Poke Centers and what is next in store for technology in the games if we'll continue to see progression in the type of "devices' and tools we get.

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#6 Post by NovariusHaze » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:33 am

You can only get so much from text leaks are blurry photos. I hope we get a new trailer soon.

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#7 Post by I love squirtle line » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:00 am

I hope we get a new trailer soon as well.
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:19 am

There’s been a new trailer released today! Let us know what you think! There are new Pokémon, new features, and new trainers shown!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager

#9 Post by I love squirtle line » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:03 am

If you preorder the games you get an emolga clone... This trailer is very interesting and I think I like the good news like the fact that you can ride the legendaries. They are called ride on past and ride on future
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

Mxc
Poliwag Kid
Poliwag Kid

#10 Post by Mxc » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:40 pm

Honestly not a huge fan of using the legendary pokemon as transportation. Makes them go from really cool legendary pokemon to tools. Legendaries over the years have been losing the cool factor and this feels like its completely gone now.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.