April 2024 Events + Community Weekend [Ghost-type] + Dunsparce Appreciation Month!

Read the newest announcments to the Poliwager Adoptables here!
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:02 pm

:dunsparce: Happy Dunsparce Appreciation Month! :dunsparce:

Everyone knows that April is the month we appreciate Dunsparce (and Dundunspace, too)! Hooray! Happy Dunsparce Appreciation Month! Be sure to hop on over to the Events page to redeem a very special Event Ticket today only to celebrate! Also, as an added bonus, there will be a GIANT 4.1x multiplier for interactions and views today, and Dunsparce will be available from the Lottery Corner today! :dunsparce:

Next up, a new feature to encourage adopting eggs and making the eggs easier to find on the Adopt Page has been added, so be sure to check that out as well! We hope it'll make finding the right egg for the right moment just a little bit easier.
April 2nd update: As you might have guessed, the giant, randomly placed eggs on the Adopt page were a little fun April Fool's Day joke. I hope you enjoyed the little bit of fun we had!
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.33.51 PM.png

Poliwager Forums is turning 15 years old this April 10th, 2024! Celebrate that day with an Event Ticket for Birthday Poliwag, as well as a 5x multiplier! Let us know your favorite Poliwager Forums memories in the replies! In addition, if you haven't seen the Big Political Art Contest yet, please check it out!

Another thing happening this April is Earth Day! Earth Day is celebrated on April 22 every year to help encourage people to care about the Earth we live on! To celebrate this year, we will have a 2.2x multiplier and a new Novelty will be available to adopt, Earth Azurill!

ImageImage

This month we're bringing back an event from May 2021, the Flower Collecting Event! There are three different colored Flowers, and you will be randomly assigned to one team when you find your first one. The team with the most at the end of the month will win an extra prize, and each user with more than 100 Flowers will receive a prize egg! In addition, every 100 Flowers you collect starting at 200 will award you yet another prize. You can see the current rankings by going to the Site Stats for Users page. Good luck! How do you collect Flowers? By doing the following, you have a chance of finding Flowers:
April Community Weekend!

Community Weekend is a weekend each month aimed towards gathering as a community here on Poliwager Forums, with various bonuses on Poliwager Adoptables. This month's Community Weekend will be from April 19-21! This month's Community Weekend Bonus-type is Ghost-type! More of the Bonus-type eggs will appear on Poliwager Adoptables during the weekend and Exp. bonuses will apply to any Bonus-types that you interact with or post here on Poliwager Forums. Add your Bonus-types to your party and signature here and adopt some new ones during Community Weekend!

Community Weekend Details:
  • Community Weekend goes from Friday at 12:00 AM until Sunday at 11:59 PM.
  • More details can be found on the Events page during the Community Weekend.
  • A bonus Pokémon type is chosen for the weekend.
  • Extra 50% Experience from Interactions for the bonus Pokémon type.
  • Extra 50% Experience from Views for the bonus Pokémon type if shared on Poliwager Forums.
  • Extra 50% Experience while Pokémon Camping for the bonus Pokémon type.
  • More of the bonus Pokémon type to adopt.
  • A higher chance of hatching a Shiny bonus Pokémon type.
  • A multiplier on Poliwager Adoptables to help you hatch even more eggs and raise your Pokémon faster.
  • A few random Bonus-type Pokémon are viewable on the Events page to help them level up. Refresh to see more.
  • Image Bronze Community Weekend Interactions Medal - Bonus type Pokémon that get more than 15 Interactions during the weekend
  • Image Silver Community Weekend Interactions Medal - Bonus type Pokémon that get more than 30 Interactions during the weekend
  • Image Gold Community Weekend Interactons Medal - Bonus type Pokémon that get more than 50 Interactions during the weekend
  • Image Bronze Community Weekend Views Medal - Bonus type Pokémon that get more than 15 Views during the weekend
  • Image Silver Community Weekend Views Medal - Bonus type Pokémon that get more than 30 Views during the weekend
  • Image Gold Community Weekend Views Medal - Bonus type Pokémon that get more than 50 Views during the weekend
  • Pokémon and their eligible Medals can be found on the Pokémon Stats page during the Community Weekend.

Say hello and stay a while! It's a great time to tell your friends about Poliwager and hang out with them here, during this month's Community Weekend!

Tell Your Friends!

Lastly, Referral prizes! Tell a new friend about Poliwager Forums, have them post in this topic saying that you referred them here, and you both will receive a small bonus prize on Poliwager Adoptables! Let's continue to make Poliwager Forums a great place to relax and hang out with fellow Pokémon fans. If you have any suggestions on what we can do to make this an even better place to be a part of, please post them here as well!

~~~~~

Double last but not least, please enjoy some rad memes that the community helped create for this special occasion! Be sure to share these online and with your friends to show them Poliwager and how cool we are!

Epic memes!!1!!!1!!!

Happy Dunsparce Appreciation Month!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#2 Post by I love squirtle line » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm

Happy Dunsparce Appreciation Month!
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

Mike
Poliwag Teenager
Poliwag Teenager

#3 Post by Mike » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:44 pm

Love the new pokemon. I can't wait to see what else you have coming!
Those memes were the best. They gave me a good laugh. My favorite was

Monthly and bug challenge

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#4 Post by Oshi » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:06 am

I got no memes since I'm unfunny, but happy month to you all! Good luck on the event!
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

ClaratheBlaziken
Poliwag Grandparent
Poliwag Grandparent

#5 Post by ClaratheBlaziken » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 am

My favorite memory was getting into a banana bread war with the certain someone here ^, then promising to make a video slideshow with a bunch of photoshops we made just to forget about it lol [s]someday, Oshi, someday....[/s]

Either that or starting a very horrible play-through thread and then also forgetting about it because Ashely is scary

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by Slix » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:26 am

April 2nd update: As you might have guessed, the giant, randomly placed eggs on the Adopt page were a little fun April Fool's Day joke. I hope you enjoyed the little bit of fun we had!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by Slix » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

April's Ghost-type Community Weekend begins tomorrow!

cerol
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#8 Post by cerol » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 pm

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

momoapplegirl
Donor
Donor

#9 Post by momoapplegirl » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:21 pm

Last day of the community weekend! I know I've been a bit inactive, but I thought I would pop in and wish everyone good luck. :)
My Party

My Eggs

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mewtwo Battle

The Most Beautiful Pokémon Ever

:P :P :P :P :P :P

bellossom

#10 Post by bellossom » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:51 am

How do I adopt the Earth Azurill? Thank you!

EDIT: Ah, nevermind!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.