Tamagotchi Connection 20th Anniversary Re-Release

Talk about computers, operating systems, non-Pokemon video games, or anything technology related here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Thu May 23, 2024 5:04 pm

On July 9, 2024, Tamagotchi Connection is being released again for the 20th anniversary of the Connection series. I had a V2 and V3 back in elementary school with some friends, so this is really cool to see them come back! There are currently 6 styles that will be available to pre-order, and it sounds like the new release will have updated games, characters, and maybe more! More info can be found here: https://tamagotchi-official.com/us/series/connection/

The Tamagotchi Connection, for those that weren't around for them, allowed you to raise a virtual pet from baby to adulthood, play games with them, earn points to buy items for them to play with, and use the IR sensor on the top of the devices to interact with your friends' Tamagotchi! I'm very excited to see these come back, and I'll probably buy one when they are available in July! I like the Bubbles and Clear Retro designs. :)

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

jirachi100
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#2 Post by jirachi100 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:50 pm

Oh my goodness? I had the Tamagotchi Connection V4, 5, and 6. I wonder if they would release the other versions in the future? I also really miss the Tamatown website that went along with the later versions.
I would get one if I had money but I don't and have more important things to worry about, unfortunately. I probably wouldn't be able to spend as much time taking care of one as I did when I was a teen, anyway.
ImageImage
Clicking the Jirachis will let you feed them.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Thu May 23, 2024 9:02 pm

jirachi100 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:50 pm Oh my goodness? I had the Tamagotchi Connection V4, 5, and 6. I wonder if they would release the other versions in the future? I also really miss the Tamatown website that went along with the later versions.
I would get one if I had money but I don't and have more important things to worry about, unfortunately. I probably wouldn't be able to spend as much time taking care of one as I did when I was a teen, anyway.
From what I can tell from the website, this is NOT a re-release of V1 (or any specific version of the originals), rather, it's a combination of the features of all of them to make something new. According to this image on the website, it includes a game called Hoops, that wasn't on the V3, while the others were: https://tamagotchi-official.com/us/seri ... ion/howto/. I assume there will be even more changes to make this a worthwhile Tamagotchi to get for anyone who had the older ones too.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

jirachi100
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#4 Post by jirachi100 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:19 am

Oh, that's interesting! I also wonder if it can connect to the original ones since it still uses IR? Unfortunately I can't use the ones from my teen years because the buttons stopped working and I'm definitely not a tech repair person.
ImageImage
Clicking the Jirachis will let you feed them.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Fri May 24, 2024 9:54 am

jirachi100 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:19 am Oh, that's interesting! I also wonder if it can connect to the original ones since it still uses IR? Unfortunately I can't use the ones from my teen years because the buttons stopped working and I'm definitely not a tech repair person.
Yeah, I'm curious if it can connect to the older ones too. I will have to find out!

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:06 pm

This is actually really exciting because I have two Tamagotchis of my own as well! I have a Zenitsu from Demon Slayer one I bought a few years ago at Barnes and Noble and about 7 months ago for my birthday one of my friends got me a Takemichi Hanagaki from Tokyo Revengers one! I wonder if these can connect with those and I've always wondered about how to play on these, too...

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by Slix » Fri May 24, 2024 5:35 pm

PoisonIvey1998 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:06 pm This is actually really exciting because I have two Tamagotchis of my own as well! I have a Zenitsu from Demon Slayer one I bought a few years ago at Barnes and Noble and about 7 months ago for my birthday one of my friends got me a Takemichi Hanagaki from Tokyo Revengers one! I wonder if these can connect with those and I've always wondered about how to play on these, too...
Those don't have IR at the top right? I think only Connections can connect with other Connections (and we don't know about the new one yet how they will/won't connect to older ones).

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:05 am

Slix wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:35 pm
PoisonIvey1998 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:06 pm This is actually really exciting because I have two Tamagotchis of my own as well! I have a Zenitsu from Demon Slayer one I bought a few years ago at Barnes and Noble and about 7 months ago for my birthday one of my friends got me a Takemichi Hanagaki from Tokyo Revengers one! I wonder if these can connect with those and I've always wondered about how to play on these, too...
Those don't have IR at the top right? I think only Connections can connect with other Connections (and we don't know about the new one yet how they will/won't connect to older ones).
I don't think they do :( I still think them getting some new stuff is pretty neat! I wonder if I'll see kids and teenagers running around with them when I'm at work and when I'm out and about.

momoapplegirl
Donor
Donor

#9 Post by momoapplegirl » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:43 pm

I really like the blue graffiti and the pink graffiti with the hearts. I'll probably end up getting the pink one.
I have a few Tamagotchis, but I don't own any from the connection series yet.
My Party

My Eggs

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mewtwo Battle

The Most Beautiful Pokémon Ever

:P :P :P :P :P :P

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#10 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:43 pm

The first one with the bubbles in the image from the starting post I honestly would get. It'd be my first connection series one if I do get it!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.