Gap Years and Returning to School

Have something you want to chat about that's not a focus of another forum already? Feel free to talk about life, ask everyday questions, talk to other members, and take polls here.
[The Poliwager Chatterbox]
momoapplegirl
Donor
Donor

#1 Post by momoapplegirl » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:33 pm

Hey everyone! I'm starting college this year despite graduating high school in 2023 because I felt a gap year would benefit me and help me get myself situated before returning to school. Has anyone else taken a gap year (or multiple gap years) after high school? If you did, why? If you didn't, why not?

And if you've already been a college or university student for a few years or if you've already graduated, do you have any advice for me?
My Party

My Eggs

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mewtwo Battle

The Most Beautiful Pokémon Ever

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:00 pm

I didn't do a gap year after high school before college, but I did take longer than some of my friends and graduated in 5 years instead of 4, and took less classes each year so I wouldn't get burned out. I also continued working at a restaurant for a year before finding a job after college that was even closely related to my field. So I guess my advice is: don't rush! Take your time figuring out what you wanna do, and don't feel like you have to do something like college or a specific job if you don't want to.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.