Safari Week 2024 [June 21-30]

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:46 pm

Hey everyone! I first heard about Safari Week about a year ago but didn't get to participate because of my busy schedule during the summer last year! This year, I wanted to invite you all to join me in shiny hunting in the Safari Zone on any Pokémon game you want to play on (or more than one)!

One of the shiny hunting users in the Pokémon community, Absol (Matt, AbsolBlogsPokemon) shared recently the "official" dates for this year's Safari Week: June 21st-30th (a week + extra weekend). Feel free to participate whenever you're able to, and share what you're hunting and found here!

How it works:
  • Look for Shiny Pokémon in the Safari Zone in the following games:
    • FireRed/LeafGreen (Fuchsia City)
    • HeartGold/SoulSilver (north of Route 48)
    • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (Route 121)
    • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (Great Marsh, Pastoria City)
    • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Route 121)
    • Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (Great Marsh, Pastoria City)
  • Since Pokémon can run away in the Safari Zone, or you can run out of Safari Balls, it makes the hunt more exciting!
  • Share what you found or are hunting in this thread! Pictures encouraged!
I plan on hunting in my Japanese HeartGold game, as well as in Diamond or Brilliant Diamond I think! Maybe I'll have a whole setup, haha. I haven't decided what Pokémon yet!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

momoapplegirl
Donor
Donor

#2 Post by momoapplegirl » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Good luck to anyone participating! I'll be playing in Platinum!
My Party

My Eggs

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mewtwo Battle

The Most Beautiful Pokémon Ever

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:30 pm

Well, after day 1, I got a total of 555 interactions between my Japanese HeartGold and my Diamond games. I hunted using one game at a time, spread out over the day. No shinies yet!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:31 am

I only played on my game for about an hour while watching TheSupremeRk9s participate in Safari Week. Decided to call it at 70 encounters in Shining Pearl. No shinies yet! Hopefully I'm not too tired from work tomorrow night that I can get a few hundred encounters in. Congrats to @NovariusHaze getting a shiny Gulpin today!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.