Pokémon for the Switch Rumor/Expectation Thread!

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:38 pm

What do you want to see if a main Pokémon game comes to the Nintendo Switch? Do you think it will be an open world or more similar to existing main series games?

I think it will not be as open as something like Super Mario Odyssey or Zelda Breath of the Wild, but I think we might see more 3D style gameplay, more so than what Sun and Moon offers. I really hope it's a new game, and not just a Diamond/Pearl remake or something though. I'm open to the idea of the game taking place in an older region, so long as it's a new storyline (starting in Kanto after the events of Gold/Silver, then traveling to Johto, please?), though.

We'll see sometime soon hopefully what's in store!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by Slix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Bumping this because rumor has it, the next games will be announced soon. Let's Go was a revisit to Kanto's storyline, but I'm really hoping for something grand and new and less simplified, and with as many Pokémon as possible. Bring Bank to these games, sure, but don't take away the National Pokédex. I want stuff to do after I finish the game besides breed and make teams. I would love some multiplayer (or co-op split screen on the TV?) games you could play with friends or with people on the same Switch or on another nearby.

What do you want to see?

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#3 Post by KOBY15 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 am

While I would really like to see a D/P/Pl remake because Gen 4 is my favorite and they were the last games I really played in depth, I would like to see a new game. I think it would actually be cool to have an open world game like Breath Of The Wild. I would like to see the ability to see the Pokemon in the grass return and even be a new normal for Pokemon games because I think it is a really cool feature!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 am

I agree with overworld Pokémon, it breathes so much life into the games! Imagine it with hundreds more species than in Let’s Go!

A Pokémon Direct was just announced for tomorrow morning at 6am PT! https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-27-2019/

AuthorAlex97
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#5 Post by AuthorAlex97 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm

*vibrating* i love pokemon a normal amount

No for real, with all of the "Visit ___!" videos TPCI has been posting this week, I would be willing to put a small amount of money on tomorrow's Direct at least introducing a new region. I haven't had the chance to play Let's Go yet (TTnTT), but I do like the idea of overworld Pokemon! Multiplayer also sounds super, super incredible!!

Whatever we get, I'm excited. I love exploring the world of Pokemon and can't wait to see what they're going to show us next!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.