Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

What TV show are you watching these days? What did you see on your last trip to the movie theater? Talk about it here!
Daphne

#1 Post by Daphne » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:30 am

What do you think about the upcoming movie "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu"? It is a live action movie that has very little to do with the anime series except for the fact that it is about Pokemon. In this movie, Pikachu can talk in human language. He is voiced by Ryan Reynolds and will be a detective. Personally, I would have preferred a live action movie based on the anime or the manga.

Here is the trailer. Check it out and tell us what you think.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6x7w9e

AuthorAlex97
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#2 Post by AuthorAlex97 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm ridiculously excited for it honestly!!!!!!!!! It seems to me like it's a movie that like... jumped universes. We get to see what the actual universe would look like in real life!!! And I can't wait to see all of the little details??? Like if you look at the poster, there's like, Jigglypuff coffee, Machamp Gym, advertisements for the bike route, etc. Honestly when it comes out I'm probably gonna have to see it a couple of times before I stop only paying attention to the little details everywhere!!! Plus it being a little more grown-up is definitely drawing my attention strong to it, but I think that's more personal preference than anything.

if it does well, I, like you, really hope this will lead studios to think live action Pokemon movies are a good idea and then eventually do live actions of the anime or manga. I know a lot of people aren't really happy about it, but I haven't been THIS excited for a new movie in a really, really long time!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.