Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield!

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:19 am

New Pokémon games will be coming late 2019 to the Nintendo Switch: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield!

They're set in the new Galar region, and feature new starters, Grookey, Sobble, and Scorbunny. What do you think? Are you excited?

I think the games look amazing, and the trailer definitely captured that! I'm excited to see what new features they were talking about, and hopefully they have lots of returning older Pokémon!

More info on the site here: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

AuthorAlex97
Poliwag Toddler
Poliwag Toddler

#2 Post by AuthorAlex97 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:29 am

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this is literally the only word i can form right now I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited, Scorbunny is Absolutely going to be my choice, I looked at the map closer and it looks like either the soccer stadiums are everywhere, I've mistaken the gyms as soccer stadiums, or they're the same thing which would be REALLY cool, I can't wait to explore, I'm just, I, I--

POKEMON)
Image Image Image Image Image Image

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#3 Post by KOBY15 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:48 am

I am so excited! I have already decided that I will use Sobble on my journey. I can't wait to see the evolutions for the starters as well as other new Pokemon!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:01 am

Sobble is so cute, I want it too!

I hope they don't reveal too much before the games launch, this time around.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#5 Post by KOBY15 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:43 am

Agreed. It is going to be an entirely different journey for me though because i haven't really played a Pokemon game in depth since Gen 4 so I don't know all the Pokemon that were introduced in Gen 5 onwards. I know quite a few from Black and White but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I found out what Gothita or whatever it's called was. And I haven't played X and Y or Sun and Moon so I am sort of in the dark about most of the recent Pokemon that have been introduced. And the Pokemon in Sword and Shield will just add onto that! But I am excited to learn about them nonetheless!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:00 am

I'm hoping they bring back some older features like Contests and the Underground, assuming they will remake Generation 4 on the Switch and have it be compatible with these new games! The soccer fields they showed first reminded me of the deal with EV training in XY, maybe they've expanded on that and made it something similar to the deal that's next door to the National Park in HGSS?

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#7 Post by KOBY15 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 am

I would like the underground feature to make a return! I never really used it in Gen 4 since I never had anyone to play with but I would still mess around with it every now and then.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.