Pokémon Sword and Shield June Direct and E3

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Recently, The Pokémon Company showed more gameplay and info on Sword and Shield, including the Legendary Pokémon and some new features including Dynamax and Max Raid Battles!

What do you think? I'm excited for the multiplayer aspects that the Max Raids will incorporate, and I'm excited about the new Pokémon too! The game looks amazing.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#2 Post by KOBY15 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 am

It does look amazing! I am also really excited for the ability to take your Pokemon on walks out in the real world! Also Pokemon Home and the ability to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go! I am just scared though because some people are saying be won't be able to transfer Pokemon that aren't in the Galar Dex. I am just hoping to be able to use Snorunt as well as other ice types lol.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Looks like Snorunt made it in! This is a list of all known available Pokémon in Sword and Shield.

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:21 pm

I'm really not excited about that aspect. That was one of the few things I really had an issue with with Sun and Moon: the lack of a real National Dex. This is just even worse, if we flat out can't transfer some at all. I really hope it means we have a large variety and only some select few aren't there, like maybe Legendaries from previous games, or we maybe get an update later to include the rest of the Pokémon we were missing.

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#4 Post by KOBY15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am

So it's confirmed on launch we won't be able to transfer our Pokemon to SandS that aren't already in the Galar dex. However this is due to them not being able to get it to work in time and since the game has to launch with the TCG and the anime they can't push the release date back. The good news though is that Masuda has said that no decision has been made on adding the ability to transfer them in future updates since they will all be available to transfer to Pokemon Home. So while we don't know if we will be able to or not, we just have to wait and find out.

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Let's hope that when Home launches they can also push an update to give us the rest of the Pokémon data in Sword and Shield. That would be great!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.