Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield: First Impressions

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Pokémon Sword and Shield come out tomorrow! Let’s use this thread for general tidbits about the game that you discover and want to ask about or share. Please keep things in Spoiler tags when appropriate! I’ll be getting the Sword around 8am tomorrow!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

CartoonAnimalGamer
Donor
Donor

#2 Post by CartoonAnimalGamer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:41 pm

i'll might be getting shield but i have to wait to get it til Christmas sadly.. :(
Please Click My Beloved Babies!.

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#3 Post by Oshi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 pm

I think I will get it,
But I have to finish all the games I'm currently playing.
So not for a while.
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by Slix » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:15 pm

I got Sword earlier today and I gotta say. So far I love it! The art style is really charming and I love the fact that so many Pokémon I’ve gotten to see already are new ones I hadn’t seen before! The excitement of new stuff is always great. There are so many good small quality of life improvements and I honestly love that in any game.

My new favorite thing so far is:
Dottler. Seeing it evolve and the type was so cool!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Crashinggg
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

#5 Post by Crashinggg » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Only 3 hours into the game and I am loving it.

I love the camp feature and interacting with trainers in the game nearby. I can’t wait to see how many people you can do that with! I can’t wait to see all of the exciting new things to come and I am in love.

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#6 Post by KOBY15 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 am

The game looks really fun! I hope to get it around Christmas time so I can actually experience it for myself!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Stumpy
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#7 Post by Stumpy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:49 am

The story was absolutely fantastic and engaging the entire time I played xD I limited myself to only using Pokémon from the new generation. I am currently getting pumped and ready for the Galar Beginnings Competition ^_^

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 am

After playing the game a few days now and getting my 3rd badge, I find myself continuing to spend a lot of time in the Wild Area. There is just so much there to explore. I definitely see it being a great place to hang out once I finish the game too. Some of the cities are really big and really beautiful too. I've seen so many new Pokémon already and I love most of them!

alwaysthereforu2

#9 Post by alwaysthereforu2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:39 am

I'm getting it when the month is over and so far I love everything about it. It may become my new favourite.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by Slix » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm still taking my time playing through Sword. I'm at the 7th gym. I'm really excited to maybe battle or trade with some of you soon though!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.