Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:24 pm

https://mysterydungeon.pokemon.com/en-us/

"This enhanced reimagining of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team for Game Boy Advance and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for Nintendo DS gets a stunning new look on Nintendo Switch. Find out what awaits you in these dangerous dungeons!"

This sounds really cool! I like the art style, and the Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team games were some of my favorite side Pokémon games. I beat Red Rescue team on the Game Boy Advance years ago, but I don't think I ever finished the post-game content. So I'm excited to play this again. I hope the rescue methods for rescuing friends is enhanced. It was a little weird being on a Game Boy Advance and DS since they used codes instead of Wi-Fi.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#2 Post by KOBY15 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 am

I’ve never really played any of the Mystery Dungeon games. They’re not really my cup of tea but the art style does look really cool! I’m just hoping for another Pokémon Rangers game in the future!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:00 pm

I literally went nuts when I found out about these remakes! I have never played the original Red and Blue Rescue Team games but I have played all the other Mystery Dungeon games (not including Explorers of Darkness)! They are some of my favorite side Pokemon games along with Pokemon Ranger, and Koby, I am also hoping for another Pokemon Ranger game again soon, too! I need to get a job and save up money for these games though, it looks so good! owo

Rocksy
Poliwag Baby
Poliwag Baby

#4 Post by Rocksy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:33 pm

The mystery dungeons games have been some of my all time favorite Pokemon games out there. I remember getting red rescue team for Christmas when I was a little kid and I played that game non-stop. I was really excited when I heard the news about a remake for the original mystery dungeon on the switch, however, after playing the demo they released after the Nintendo Direct I am no longer that excited to play it. They changed too much from how the games originally played and I'm not a huge fan of that. Even if you haven't explored the entire dungeon and unlocked all of the map you still see where all the enemies are and items which is a huge turn off to me. Part of the fun of mystery dungeon was when you were very low on hp and you were scared about being sniped halfway across a big room from a ranged attacked. Now since you know where all the enemies are at all times you can plan around that making it less fun. Items being shown on the map at all times isn't a huge problem but if you see a lot of items in one area you can assume that its a large room which usually has a nice chance of containing the stairs. They added an auto feature that just automatically lets you explore and fight without having to do anything at all which seems extremely weird since that's the entire point of the game. The easy solution to that is to just not use it but I find it very strange that they would add that into the game. All in all it still seems interesting and one day if i can find a used copy for cheap I'll definitely give it a playthrough but it's not what I was hoping it would be.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Fri May 08, 2020 8:31 pm

It's been a few months since Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX came out... Has anyone gotten it? What do you think? I still haven't even played the demo... But I think at some point I'd like to get it!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#6 Post by Oshi » Fri May 08, 2020 9:06 pm

I haven't gotten it yet, but I recently played Red rescue team for the first time.
I would like to know what Pokemon you are.
Let's see, in Red I was a Bulbasaur.
I felt like I was constantly getting unlucky because every boss I fought had a type advantage against me. Heck one had a double type advantage.
But I eventually got a devastating move combo.
I call it seed machine gun. It sounds way cooler then it actually is.
I just linked bullet seed with bullet seed.
Still, it 1-4 shot any boss I faced.
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#7 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:30 pm

I have never played the original Red or Blue Rescue Team and being broke right now I can't even get the new games which gives me a chance to explore the older games before getting these new ones, but I have played the demo! I'm a Psyduck and my partner is Cubone! Should probably come up with a funny nickname and call my team something head related because I get headaches and the other one is hard-headed haha, super excited to eventually get a copy myself and play though! :P

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:01 pm

I got the game for Christmas and started this past week. I’m enjoying it a lot! There are a lot of little quality of life improvements and the art and music is really good. I’m trying to play with the goal of recruiting every single Pokémon. It’s a daunting task but I’ve got a few already!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.