Pokémon HOME

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:40 pm

https://home.pokemon.com/en-us/

Pokémon HOME is rolling out as I type this. What do you guys think about it? Are you going to use the free month of Bank to migrate old stuff? Do you think Premium is worth it? Do you think you'll use the features it provides?

I don't know if I'll end up using it a ton, but it seems that it has a lot of really useful features that I can make use of, like Wonder Trading a bunch at once (useful for when I breed a bunch!), and being able to send stuff from Let's Go or Go into Sword and Shield will be cool. I am planning to migrate some select things from older games, since I never liked the idea of moving stuff out of their respective generations. It'll only be things like extra Poliwag from Silver and Diamond, and extra starters from older games. Personally I don't think $15.99 is too bad if I use it a lot during a year.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

KOBY15
Poliwag Adult
Poliwag Adult

#2 Post by KOBY15 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:40 am

I feel like for avid Pokemon fans, it's going to be great to have, but for me I don't really care. I haven't played a Pokemon game since gen 4 and I don't think you can transfer from DS to Switch so it won't really benefit me at all, but I do like seeing some new Pokemon!

Good morning! And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by Slix » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:46 pm

Yeah, you can't transfer directly from Gen 4 to Home (or Bank, for that matter). It might be worth getting at least for the few cool free gifts you can get from it!

I hope to eventually get a living dex in Home for the Magearna reward, but that'll take me a long time I'm sure. I'm in no rush.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.