Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch discussion go here! Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu and Eevee, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and Pokémon Legends: Z-A topics go here.
Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#1 Post by Oshi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjCwUk06ZSk

This remake I seen people be split on. Some people like the chibis, and others hate them. Again, I have never played gen 4 so I can not say much about the game personally. In my opinion though, If I were to play gen 4, I would rather go for the original game to get the original feel.
Anyways, what is your thoughts on this "new" game. Will you get the game? Do you like or dislike anything about the remake?
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#2 Post by I love squirtle line » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:03 am

I will get the game. It looks interesting.
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#3 Post by NovariusHaze » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:14 am

I’m a little disappointed since all past remakes (except LGPE. They are in a separate category technically) have used the current gens assets/engine. Seeing Sinnoh in a SwSh style would have been so cool tho I was curious how they were gonna design the region when Pokémon has changed its camera angles and environment. Gen 7 started with the less tiled and more natural environment, especially with grass patches. Of course the answer is that they aren’t doing any of that and are making a faithful remake because a different company is developing the games and they have no experience making Pokémon games so obviously the safest option is to basically copy the original game but with more 3D and less sprites.
I’m still going to buy the games. Pokémon Diamond was my first Pokémon game and it is pretty amazing. Besides nostalgia, my favourite part of Sinnoh was the underground and the Villa in Pokémon platinum. The underground you mine to get items like spheres, which can be traded for items to decorate your secret base, medicine like revives, plates, shards, fossils, and many other very useful items. It’s kind of simple and there is some limitations to the underground which I hope gets fixed in the remake to be upgraded and have more stuff. The Villa on platinum was a house you get in post game where you can buy to add furniture to your Villa. You can’t customize it tho. It’s basically just a completionist thing by getting all the furniture. Sometimes people visit. Also in platinum is a pond by the Villa that has only Magikarp From Lv.1 to Lv.100 which is pretty epic. I hope that returns in the remake. BDSP are basically gonna be better versions of the old games due to being developed for the switch so even if it’s pretty much exactly the same, it should be better if all the old limitations are removed.
The only problem that I have, and many other people have, is the character models. Now they are chibi to mimic the original sprites tho they aren’t are cubby as the old sprites and the hands are pretty large. I’m curious if the models looked more like the original sprites they would look better. Now the biggest issue with the models is the lighting. SwSh has a nice lighting engine but BDSP seems to use LGPE’s lighting engine which makes it look more plasticy and certain features get blended together and are hard to see. The games should have outlines on the models so the features are highlighted better.
The last thing I want to talk about is potentially new additions. Now I really wanted Sinnohan Forms but now that’s probably not gonna happen, tho they maybe still make new forms for the legendaries. We haven’t seen the box art which may feature new forms. The Dialkia statue was emphasized in the trailer which may be a hint to a fusion form. Honestly, I think it would be unwise to not include anything new for a remake. They need a selling point of the games and that’s usually some cool new thing. If you’re spending money and resources on making a remake and not a rerelease, then you need something to bring people in. Just a thought.

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#4 Post by NovariusHaze » Sun May 30, 2021 11:57 pm

SINNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by Slix » Mon May 31, 2021 5:32 pm

I'll probably get this game, maybe not immediately at launch though. I love the idea of a faithful remake. I want all the same features and stuff to be there, but in a more pretty and modern package, basically. I like the idea that new players can explore Sinnoh without having to shell out more than $100 for a real copy of the original games + system at this point. I hope they'll add a few minor touches to make it unique, but I'm ok even if they don't add much!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#6 Post by NovariusHaze » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:41 am

The original games are great. It has a few issues mainly slow HP drop and small secret base item limits that I hope are addressed in the remakes. I also hope all mythical events are kept in the remakes as well. I’d love to actually legitimately use the azure flute.

I love squirtle line
Poliwhirl Teenager
Poliwhirl Teenager
Location: A secret place that you will never visit unless you know me very personally

#7 Post by I love squirtle line » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:13 am

Hey the covers look like dialga and palkia are transforming!
Party:

Mewtwo battle:

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#8 Post by NovariusHaze » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:23 am

I’m really hoping there is some new stuff in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl. I was really hoping for Sinnohan forms but that’s probably unlikely.

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#9 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:14 pm

I love squirtle line wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:13 am Hey the covers look like dialga and palkia are transforming!
LOL Tyranitartube has a video titled like that! XD

Going to what Nova was saying about mythicals and the secret base items though, I think we should probably have all base items from other games as well so there's a lot to work on obtaining in the remakes. Plus, yes, getting Arceus legitimately would be nice, but if Legends: Arceus is able to communicate with BDSP, there could be some game changes. Maybe something similar to how you could transfer multiple Deoxys from Ranger: Guardian Signs, and a single Shaymin and a single Manaphy egg from that game as well. Maybe they could add an ingame downloadable event OR make it to where you can get an Azure Flute in there and send it over to your copy of BDSP. They can do so much with those games together if they were to work like the Ranger games did with gen 4.

NovariusHaze
Donor
Donor

#10 Post by NovariusHaze » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:09 am

Yeah I’m very curious on the connectivity. SwSh can read LGPE and Pokémon Quest save data to unlock bonuses in your game. They could do the same with Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.