Introducing Politoed Pond! [Update #2]

Read the newest announcments to the Poliwager Adoptables here!
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:15 pm

I'm pleased to introduce a new feature to Poliwager Adoptables: Politoed Pond!

The page that formerly took you to the Underwater Area now takes you to a new fishing pond named Politoed Pond! Here, you may use Fishing Tickets to go fishing in 5 different areas of the pond, using 3 different types of Fishing Rods, the Old Rod, Good Rod, and Super Rod! To earn Fishing Tickets, you must click other users' Pokémon and eggs. You can hold up to 100 at a time. The better Rods will be unlocked after you've fished a large amount of times, but be sure not to rush, as you probably won't get anything good while fishing! You can still Dive by going to the Politoed Pond page as well if you have purchased HM08 Dive.

Just like fishing in real life, you might get better items the longer you wait before reeling in your Rod! Who knows what types of treasures you might find?

Additionally, sometimes you might fish up a Sticker! You can see your Sticker Pokédex by going to the Pokédex and selecting Registered Status: Stickers. Finally, you can now sort the Pokédex (and Sticker Pokédex) by date last obtained! Enjoy!

I've been working on this feature for a while now, and I have more ideas planned for it too, so stay tuned! Happy fishing!

Update #1 [February 4, 2024]: The Good Rod requirements are now available to see and unlock! You can also now see the total items, berries, and stickers that you have obtained through fishing, and the Good Rod requires you to have found 150 of each category to unlock. Note that as of now, the requirements for the Super Rod are still hidden, and will be shown at a later time. Good luck and happy fishing!

Update #2 [April 5, 2024]: The Good Rod requirements have been lowered to 50 of each category now. I hope this will encourage more people to try out fishing! In addition, there is now a little fishing rod icon that appears next to the Politoed Pond menu bar item when you have an active fishing session going. Remember, try not to let the line linger too long in the pond!

Update #3 [May 22, 2024]: The Super Rod requirements are as follows: 100 total items, berries, and stickers fished up! Additionally, the image of the Politoed Pond now shows users that are also currently fishing on the map, as well as a list of users and their character icons so you can visit their profile pages by clicking on them below the Pond image. Enjoy!

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

Icefox101
Poliwhirl Toddler
Poliwhirl Toddler

#2 Post by Icefox101 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:05 am

Awesome! It's nice to see a little more on that page!
:poliwhirl: Want to take part in a cool, fun, and interactive story? Then come join Poliwager Adventures: Legend of the Mysterious Orbs! :poliwhirl:
|||| |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage

PoisonIvey1998
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by PoisonIvey1998 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:18 pm

Thank you so much for your hard work in putting this together, Slix! I hope everyone enjoys this new feature! :D

stripes545

#4 Post by stripes545 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:27 am

how long should i wait (estimated) to get any item with Old Rod? or is it based on luck?

Click Please!

Icefox101
Poliwhirl Toddler
Poliwhirl Toddler

#5 Post by Icefox101 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 pm

It's based on luck. I found that 2 - 4 minutes is a good range. You could try to go longer, but I haven't had much luck with it. It also won't really give you anything under 1 minute.
:poliwhirl: Want to take part in a cool, fun, and interactive story? Then come join Poliwager Adventures: Legend of the Mysterious Orbs! :poliwhirl:
|||| |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage

Oshi
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Location: In a land filled with dreams and adventures, or behind you

#6 Post by Oshi » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 am

And I made the sprite for it! Took a bit since Collage work is stopping from poliwaging as much as I normally do, but hey, we try our best. Anyways yes the weird colored umbrella is a reference. Boo!
(_\ (_) (_) (_) (_) /_)
(o . o) (ᗜ ˬ ᗜ) (o . o)
('')_('') ('')_('') ('')_('')

...Boki!

Weknd

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by Slix » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:34 pm

Update #2 [April 5, 2024]: The Good Rod requirements have been lowered to 50 of each category now. I hope this will encourage more people to try out fishing! In addition, there is now a little fishing rod icon that appears next to the Politoed Pond menu bar item when you have an active fishing session going. Remember, try not to let the line linger too long in the pond!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.

Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by Slix » Wed May 22, 2024 3:16 pm

Update #3 [May 22, 2024]: The Super Rod requirements are as follows: 100 total items, berries, and stickers fished up! Additionally, the image of the Politoed Pond now shows users that are also currently fishing on the map, as well as a list of users and their character icons so you can visit their profile pages by clicking on them below the Pond image. Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.