Your "Cozy" Pokémon Games

What's your favorite Pokémon? Favorite Generation? Do you like the anime or manga? Talk about general Pokémon stuff here!
Slix
Administrator
Administrator

#1 Post by Slix » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:29 pm

Everyone has that one (or two or three) game that they enjoy playing when they want to just relax and play something "cozy" and familiar. Do you have one of these cozy games in the Pokémon franchise? What makes it that cozy game for you? How often do you go back to it?

I have spent more than 1,000 hours on Pokémon Diamond, and I've done a ton of stuff in that game. Sometimes I like to go back to it and just continue training Pokémon for teams, shiny hunting, breeding, and just running around in the Underground. I have similar feelings for White 2, which I've been lately going back to in hopes of completing the Medal Rally, and I like shiny hunting in this game too, with the Shiny Charm I have. Funfest Missions are another fun multiplayer experience I try to do with my cousins and friends when I'm able to.

I'd say both of those games are my cozy Pokémon games, especially since they remind me of the years I first played them, back when I was younger. But, I do end up going back to a lot of older Pokémon games too, and some more recent ones as well, even after their "heyday" has ended. Some games just have features that live on longer than some would expect, and I like to go back to those sometimes too.

Do you want to POKéMON with me?
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
- Isaiah 40:28

momoapplegirl
Donor
Donor

#2 Post by momoapplegirl » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:17 pm

Platinum has to be mine, everything about the game is so comforting. The locations, the music, the pacing...it just feels so warm. Like I'm back home.

It was also my first game, so it is pretty nostalgic for me.
My Party

My Eggs

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mewtwo Battle

The Most Beautiful Pokémon Ever

:P :P :P :P :P :P

SharKing

#3 Post by SharKing » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:32 am

I'm in the Diamond camp myself. And there's obviously some serious nostalgia behind it for me: getting into online battles for the first time, exploring the rainy half of Route 212 while it actually rained outside IRL, no small amount of YouTube, and plenty more. I generally tend to bounce around the first four gens of Pokémon from time to time, but when I'm really looking to just unwind and feel comfy, Diamond's where it's at for me. And probably always will be.

Quick Reply

Want to leave your thoughts here? Register today! It's fast, free, and you can begin posting right away.